A home visit...

Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm sitting here in Parowan, after a nice little bike ride around town on my 13 year old brother's bike, and realizing, I'm grown up now. It's funny, I don't feel grown up, but I am. I just finished my bachelor's degree on June 24. I work at a really great place now, and take care of myself financially, and have for years. The debt that I have from school, won't be paid off by anyone but me, unless I receive some random gift of money. Here I am world, I'm an adult. Am I ready for this?

I still feel like I'm her...


Yep, that's me front and center in all my 12 year old glory. I still feel like I'm navigating my way through life with no idea what I'm doing, but then I sit and think for a second, and I totally know what I'm doing. I'm 25, I just finished college, and feel like I can do anything I want. It's an amazing feeling to know the world is whatever I make of it.

To completely change the subject, I have a story for you. This weekend I was at Velour in Provo. For those of you who don't know what this place is, it's where you can watch small time bands any day of the week. I have to admit, there are several that impress me a lot with their talents. I was there watching a friend's band and had to run to the bathroom. If you've never been to that bathroom, imagine a toilet with 30 years of the grossest hard water stains/mildew/skidmarks you've ever seen, and then times it by 2. Well, I didn't want to hold my phone while I was in there peeing, so I put it in my back pocket. BAD IDEA... did you know that when you pull up your pants, the phone will fling itsself into the direction of the toilet and attempt to drown itsself in a dramatic suicide? Well, I did. Several times my phone has attempted and missed, but I never learn and put it back there all the time when I need to go. This time, my phone jumped hard enough, and as I buttoned my pants, I heard a *splash*.....

Guess what happened? Yep. My phone landed in the toilet, and nope, I hadn't flushed my pee yet. I sat there for a second wondering if I flushed, if the phone would stay in the bowl and then I could retrieve it. After realizing that was a dumb idea because cell phones are no longer bricks, I did the unthinkable... plug your ears before you read this....

I stuck my hand in that filthy toilet bowl, filled with my pee, and grabbed the dumb thing. I wrapped it in toilet paper, washed my hands, and went back out to the rest of the show. Was it worth it to save my phone? Does it still work, and am I using a pee phone? Nope. My stupid cell phone won't even work now, and I had to buy a new one, even after the amazing rescue I performed. So the moral of this story is... unless you wear JNCO jeans, (I sincerely hope you don't), you need to set your phone on the counter NOT in your back pocket.

And finally, look at the sequence of pictures... do I like cats or what?

7 comments

  1. In case your next phone has a similar fate, I've heard that disassembling the phone as much as you can (e.g. taking out the battery), and then burying the phone in a bowl of rice, will fix it. Apparently the rice sucks all the moisture out of it. I've never done this myself but I suggested it to another friend and she said it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO, thats pretty gross Lana!! I've heard the bowl of rice thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your phone - but your new one is very cool. And yes - you like cats! Too bad you couldn't take the yellow one home with you. You need him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lana, This is Rachael. I did not give you permission to put MY 12 year old picture on your blog! Just teasing. I loved it. I for sure miss those days! It was good to "catch up" on what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that you grabbed it out! My friend did that in a hotel once, and another friend at the E Center, but I think yours wins in groseness. That picture of us at the top is hilarious. We sported those glasses with pride didn't we?! Remember how everyone would ask us if we were twins? Looking at that picture, I understand why. Congratulations on graduating, and your big kid epiphany. Maybe you should climb your tree in the front yard of your parents' house, and receive more flashes of intuition while you're in Parowan! Miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh ahahhaa yes I remember you telling me that story on the phone and I still laughed just as hard as I did then as i did just now reading it over! our pictures are the same......a cat in everyone....I even have my cat on my lap right now as I type haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. JNCO JEANS?! That's CLASSIC! I'm obviously getting rid of mine now...but still, classic!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.