Love is being thankful.

Monday, November 21, 2011

So the holiday season is upon us... I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!! With Thanksgiving a couple of days away, all I can think about is stuffing my face and spending time with those I love.

Tonight I got on my computer and found a lovely email from Sara Bareilles (it sounds like she writes them herself since they are written just like she speaks at her concerts and interviews), declaring she'd released a new song just in time for the holiday season. It's called Love is Christmas. It's beautiful. It made me feel all the nostalgia, and warm fuzzies I get every holiday season.



Also, it made me think about all the things I am thankful for in 2011. So here goes my incomplete list, in no particular order:

CRABS! - Pensacola, FL.

My amazing and supportive mother. I'm the luckiest girl alive to have her as my mom. 
The rest of my family. Gosh I love them.
Justin. For showing me what love is really like. The good, the bad, and the best!
MLS... for saving me. She is a wonder woman, and I am one million times a better person for knowing her.
So what if it's a 2010 photo.
Ginene, Andrea, Bergen, Erin, Ashley, Rachel, Cherie, Falisha, Alia, Katie and any other awesome girl I know. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I love knowing that such beautiful people inside and out are a part of my life. I love hearing/seeing about all of your adventures. You all deserve the best life has to offer. I love you my pretty ladies.
My knowledge and experience. I never thought I'd be where I am at 27.5 years old. That can be a good or a bad thing, but either way, it's the right thing. Life is funny, you are in control, but you aren't in control, and you never end up where you planned, but it always ends up for the best.
I am thankful for 10 lbs. I can't explain why in detail. Let's just say earning that 10 lbs. made a world of difference in my health, happiness, and confidence. 
My job. It may have been a really long trying year, and I may have burned out a few times, but I could never pay my bills, or have the successes I have without it. It has been a blessing ever since I started working there. I love my job!
My eyes. They may not work as well as they did at this time last year, but I am thankful they still work almost as perfectly! This world is such a beautiful place sometimes, I'd hate to not be able to see it.
Me in the Dirty South this summer.
Mango car air freshener trees. They make your car smell like bubblicious. Everytime I get in my car this week I just want to eat some candy. YUM!
Hulu and Netflix... you gave me way too much company when Justin was gone. YOU AND ALL YOUR AWESOME SHOWS!!! 
Bones. David Boreanaz is eye candy, not to mention his character Agent Booth is kind of a dream guy. Also How I Met Your Mother. You always make me laugh, and I want to be friends with the cast and hang out with them. I'm such a nerd.
Winter. So I can wear my awesome winter clothes. I love sweaters, hats, scarves, boots, and my black coat from Florence, Italy. And you can go sledding, and drink hot chocolate with irish creme. Also 2 of my favorite holidays happen over the next month. WHY WOULDN'T I BE EXCITED?
Music. You are the soundtrack to my life, and I couldn't imagine not being able to hear you. Music is part of my soul. I have it on all the time. I could go without movies, tv, books, etc, but I couldn't go without music. (I don't want to go without any of those though...)
And last but not least, Hennes and Mauritz for opening a store in my area. It's about time you Swedish designers wanted to share your budget-priced clothes with my town. Maybe you should open another one though so I don't have to be herded like cattle when I want to look at your clothing? 


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And remember, if you're too full to eat that piece of apple pie, just wait an hour. Then you will have room for three pieces instead!

What are y'all grateful for this year?

2 comments

  1. You are wonderful. I love you and I miss you!!!! I am going to miss being around you and the other girls this Christmas. You guys are home to me. Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post :) You are amazing! I'm thankful for a lot of the same things. I love the song you shared too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.