They say never go to bed angry.
They say never get a king size bed.
Some say in order to stay together you should never keep secrets.
Others say in order to stay together you have to have your own things.
Here's what I say:
If you don't go to bed angry you'll stay up until 3 am fighting. Because fighting when tired breeds more fighting, until neither of you even know what you're talking about and you're just fighting because you're tired.
A king size bed allows us to feel like we have all the space in the world to sleep without anybody waking the other up. And we both REALLY value our sleep, so we need this. However, every morning we wake up piled in the middle of our massive bed. So get a king size bed, and use the crap out of it. You'll still love each other, that is, if you loved each other already.
My last piece of advice is this:
The couple that laughs together, lasts together. Nothing gets you through life better than a good laugh. Tell me the last time you didn't enjoy a good giggle fest, laugh-a-thon or giant guffaw.
You can't, because everyone enjoys laughing. It happens because you're happy. Even if you're laughing at the end of the worst possible day and it couldn't get any worse, you laugh because deep down inside, there's a tiny shred of you that can see that it is somehow going to be ok.
I think I'll open a clinic down the street dedicated to laughter therapy. And no one will have to pay unless I got them to chuckle at least a little.
I don't think we've gone a single day of our marriage without the tiniest of chuckles. No one appreciates my dad-like sense of humor like he does. And no one can get me to laugh until I can't breathe as often as he can. We're two peas in a giggling pod. See for yourself below.
(Pardon the blurred photos. We aren't able to focus a camera whilst taking selfies. Yeah, I said whilst. I say whilst, when I'm feeling good. Must be all this laughter therapy going on.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.