
HI guys... it's been a while since I posted anything. I'm currently halfway through my 3rd semester in the Psychology bachelor's program at UVSC (I mean, UVU!). I love this major. It is really fun. I have always read psychology books for fun. Yeah, I said it, FOR FUN! I'm fascinated by the way people interpret their world. I'm also learning to be more forgiving of others for not doing things my way. Anyone who grew up with me knows I like things MY way! Well, currently I'm taking Abnormal Psychology, and Statistics. Abnormal Psych is interesting, statistics is NOT. It's math, and quite frankly.... I hate math. My abnormal psychology class is really interesting because I have some family members who deal with some of the illnesses we talk about. It's really interesting to learn about what goes on in these illnesses, so I can better understand what is going on with my family members.
(Oh, the picture is of me and my roommate Shauny, she's great!)
Psychology classes are really cool because most classes I have taken so far turn into discussions. While most fall under the typical "lecture" title, they are often anything but. Last semester I was taking Human Sexuality, Adolescent Development, and Psychology of Interpersonal Relationships. All we did in each class was get into in depth discussions on various topics covered by the class. I didn't mind at all that my classes didn't get out til 9:30 pm! Even after working all day, they were definitely interesting enough to keep me entertained!
Last semester was really cool because we got to write an autobiography on our adolescence for one of my classes. I figured it was going to be easy, but then we had to go really in depth and he expected us to talk about EVERYTHING or we would get a bad grade. I had to rehash some hard stuff from my teen years, and when I put them down on paper I realized some very interesting things about my past and about me now. It was really a great experience, as well as I have a 26 page autobiography that is a great journal for someone to read about me. However, I did cheat a little, I refused to put some stuff down because I got sick of writing and it was already a long paper!
This semester is a little harder, my abnormal psych class is on saturday mornings (ugh!), and my math class is twice a week at night. For some reason this semester is wearing me out more than the previous one, but I still really like my major! I'm excited for the counseling classes, and the clinical therapy classes. That could be cool to learn. Well this post wasn't as fun as the others, but I'll do something exciting and post soon!
Psychology classes are really cool because most classes I have taken so far turn into discussions. While most fall under the typical "lecture" title, they are often anything but. Last semester I was taking Human Sexuality, Adolescent Development, and Psychology of Interpersonal Relationships. All we did in each class was get into in depth discussions on various topics covered by the class. I didn't mind at all that my classes didn't get out til 9:30 pm! Even after working all day, they were definitely interesting enough to keep me entertained!
Last semester was really cool because we got to write an autobiography on our adolescence for one of my classes. I figured it was going to be easy, but then we had to go really in depth and he expected us to talk about EVERYTHING or we would get a bad grade. I had to rehash some hard stuff from my teen years, and when I put them down on paper I realized some very interesting things about my past and about me now. It was really a great experience, as well as I have a 26 page autobiography that is a great journal for someone to read about me. However, I did cheat a little, I refused to put some stuff down because I got sick of writing and it was already a long paper!
This semester is a little harder, my abnormal psych class is on saturday mornings (ugh!), and my math class is twice a week at night. For some reason this semester is wearing me out more than the previous one, but I still really like my major! I'm excited for the counseling classes, and the clinical therapy classes. That could be cool to learn. Well this post wasn't as fun as the others, but I'll do something exciting and post soon!

You know what they say about psych majors....they go into it to cure their own craziness! ;)
ReplyDelete