4th and Home

Sunday, July 6, 2008

This weekend I got to finally take some time and go visit my family in Parowan. Usually I get really bored, but this time it was a really fun weekend. The first pictures are of the babies living in my backyard. They're super cute and furry, and seem like they are talking to me when I go out there!

Here's their pen, back in the very back of our yard in the weeds.

The babies: Daisy, Romeo, and Bite-size

Romeo and Daisy

HAHA! I love this picture, Bite-size is really friendly and hyper.

I also took a few pics of my house and the neighbors yard. Parowan has really old houses, and I'm pretty sure some of them deserve to be seen. Our neighbors house used to be an old hotel, so if you ever visit them, ask to see the bar, they still have the original beer tap and everything! It's pretty cool. Although when they showed it to us they weren't prepared so they had a lot of stuff stacked on it. I used to play over there when I was a kid (new owners now) and they had the whole bar area looking pretty cool. The fireplace inside it is also dated 1897. It looks like a gas fireplace (did they even have them back then?). I'm pretty sure they don't use it anymore. Pretty cool if you ask me!

My house, it's probably 90 years old, if I'm remembering the dates correctly. I have the skeleton key that locks the doors.

This is my neighbors front yard, and the building next to it. I really hope no one ever paints over this ad on the wall. It's got to be at least 50 years old if not more, I LOVE IT!


Friday, the 4th, was full of activities like the parade in the morning, the fireman games over at the city park right after, and then that night our family went up to Brian Head (the local ski resort) to watch the fireworks from the meadow/park in the middle of the town. I loved it up there because the weather was a lot cooler, it was greener, and I LOVE the mountains in the summer. (Not to mention, they are much better at fireworks than Parowan's 4 fireworks, 10 minute reload, 4 more fireworks, 10 more minute reload... haha you get the point!) The parade was way fun too because all our family (cousins, aunts/uncles, grandparents) come sit on our lawn since we live on main street and watch the parade at our house. It's great!

Here are some pictures from that night up in Brian Head:

Bryce made a new buddie at the gas station. He's such a softie when it comes to animals!

My brother Bryce and Me... we never get in pics together anymore, so I forced him to take a few!

Me, Mom, Bryce

Me and Bryce

Mom and me were being silly... enjoy the next couple pics... we're weird!


I nearly peed my pants laughing when I saw this picture of my mom!

This is the meadow area/park in Brian Head, it was a lot prettier than this looks. Also they do the fireworks so low that huge ashes were falling down on us and part of the meadow lit on fire. HAHA! Way to go Brian Head.


My neice Aspen is in the next few shots, she's really cute! Who knows where she got red hair though, her mom is a blond!

Aspen feeding Grandpa


All in all it was a great weekend, and I'm sad to be back. I have to work and go to school tomorrow. Oh well, I LOVE VACATIONS!

8 comments

  1. Nobody understands the desperation of Parowan's fireworks til you've witnessed it, huh?! That's great that you got to spend the fourth in Parowan--they know how to party! Cool pics of your house, your fam, and those cute sheep! I have so many memories of that back yard. Remember watching Matt Owens take karate lessons from Sam? We were such stalkers! Miss you, hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pictures and stories! Can I just say that you can definitely tell your mom and my dad are brother and sister! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It seems like you had a great weekend! Looked really fun. That pic of your mom is hilarious! Thanks for sharing! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY lana! sounds like a splendid fourth of july. thats some cool history stuff like the houses and the mc D's. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I couldn't have been there to hang with the family. I never see you and bryce anymore. Sounds like you had some fun. We were hanging in Vernal with Shannon's family. Hope to see you soon Lana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time! I love the fourth, bbqs and fireworks are the best. Love you stay out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drove past your home twice over the long weekend. Had I known, I would have waved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lana!! I'm a little jealous you spent the Fourth in Parowan. I was homesick! Looks like your still being single, sexy and free!! That's a good way to be!! Enjoy it. I'm going to add your blog so we can keep in touch! Take Care.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.