when I am afraid to support either party? It’s hard to know who to vote for when all I hear is that Obama is a baby killer with his support of partial birth abortions, his support for homosexual marriage, and all the other crazy stuff I hear about him. I never hear anything positive about either presidential candidate. McCain just seems lazy or something. Today the most recent bashing is that his VP candidate Sarah Palin spent $150,000 of their campaign money on clothes and hair. All I hear is Republicans are evil, Democrats are evil, here’s why... blah blah blah blah blah! I am afraid to vote for either one because I don’t think either of them will make our country happy. With the way the United States is today, it’s probably safe to say that no one would be happy even if we had the most amazing leader this country had ever seen.We are a selfish, greedy people, who love to disagree and fight. I swear our country is the laughing stock of the world because we have everything we could ever want or need, and we are not happy. All we do is fight amongst ourselves for more. We have insane amounts of wealth, and large amounts of poverty, with all this goodness it seems like we have insane amounts of depression. We also have an insatiable appetite for more. Sometimes I look around at all the stuff we’re inundated with daily and it amazes me we can even stay sane. Oh wait... we can’t. How many psychologists, doctors, medicines, mental health clinics, etc. are there in this country?!
I’m disgusted by the way physical appearance takes precedence over any other opinion of anyone or any other importance. And quite often I’m even more disgusted that I fall victim to it and treat others in that way too. With the overabundance of tanning salons, plastic surgeons, permanent makeup, airbrushed women on magazine covers telling us what we need to learn sexually to please our men, never ending commercials telling me to lose weight, build muscle, buy this product, don’t buy that product, get this to make me happier... sometimes I wish I could cover my eyes forever to stop having to take it all in! Wouldn’t it be amazing to be blind in this day and age? Not really blind but blind to the media. I would be amazing to be deaf to the visual noise. You wouldn’t have to see anyone telling you what you need to buy to make your life better or to satisfy a need you didn’t even know you had.
You wouldn’t need shapelier breasts, smaller hips, tighter abs, fuller lips, longer, fuller eyelashes, firmer thighs and arms, enzyte or viagra to make your woman happy, a bigger better picture for your tv, a faster smoother ride in your car, whiter teeth, bigger biceps, the list goes on and on... ugh... I’m tired.
Sometimes I long for the quiet of the mountains.
The only sounds are air, birds, water, and quiet. I picture heaven as an extremely glorified version of that. I guess there is a good thing that comes from all the noise of our society... it makes me find joy in the simplicity of listening to a friend play a song on the guitar while I lay on the couch with my eyes closed.

Ya, this whole election is so emotional and people seem to be so extreme. It's pretty crazy out here with rallies, and at least one candidate coming to St. Louis per week. This girl was on the news for getting beat up at an ATM while campaigning for McCain! They even carved a backward "B" into her cheek (whatever that means) It's pretty wild. I'm so glad to have the stability and consistency of the Gospel though. My home can be a peaceful place, and I'm so thankful for the refuge of the temples and churches. Don't let the news and politics get you down though. Life is great!
ReplyDeleteI'm no expert but it seems like this country hasn't been in so much turmoil as it is now since 'Nam. Billy Joel needs to write another song.
ReplyDelete