Dear Grandpa P.,
I don't know if you ever knew this but I think of you as my dad also. There's always been something very powerful but not menacing in your presence. When I look back on my life, you're there the whole time, when others weren't. You were there when my dad wasn't, and my step dad hadn't entered the picture yet. You've always shown you were serious about rules, and morals, without being angry. You approach everything with love, even the dishes after Sunday dinners. I have always loved your voice. Something powerful in it. I think that's why I love Thomas S. Monson's voice, you have similarities in your sound.

I'm thankful to have had someone like you to show me what to look for in a guy. You are funny, loving, and always have integrity. You don't embarrass yourself with things you can't take back. You are a loving father and husband, and a wonderful grandfather. When you speak about your beliefs, there is so much conviction in your words that I believe them too. I'm so thankful to have had the chance to have someone like you in my life. You've been such a big part of my life that I don't know what I'll ever do without you. I've always wanted to make you proud of me, and hope that I have. I love you!
Love,
Your first granddaughter.

Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.