I have found a new love, it is latin dancing. My friend Ginene took me last weekend at a place here in town. I have turned down a few invites to go latin dancing from her before because I was nervous to make a fool of myself. I mean have you seen me? I've got super long pencil arms... they have a mind of their own and this mind doesn't include a graceful ability or the sultry skills that latinas are born with. I can't even shimmy without shaking my hips on accident too. It then turns into something like a full body seizure. Naturally, you can see why I avoid any dances involving the word sexy. Most of my dance moves consist of acting like a nerd doing the robot, or a full body flail.
So anyway, we get there and some of her friends are there, and a couple of her really cute latino friends spent the rest of the night teaching me my newfound latin moves! It was great! I've always loved salsa music, and I love mexican food, so I guess it's a given I'd love latin dancing too. I think my dancing friends were just Casanovas, because some of their lines consisted of "Did you used to take ballroom, you seem like a natural!", or after smashing his toes, "No that's my fault, I put my foot under yours." Yeah, and I always say that when someone smashes my foot too. "I apologize for running my face into your fist, I feel horrible for making you punch me."
Also, in other news, I may have found a job. I'm excited! They seem like a fun company, and I start next week. Double thumbs up for me! Not to say my job hunt didn't take forever and have weirdos in it. I mean what's with the old guy still living his high school basketball glory days who after asking if I was single and after I told him what I like to do for fun, then proceeds to eye me up and down and guess audibly if I'm one of "those crazy girls". I'm going to guess his definition of crazy meant freaky (or kinky), which also means I threw up in my mouth and cried inside a little. I'm also going to guess when he achieves something amazing at work he smashes the nearest office nerd into the nearest cubicle wall and yells, "O'DOYLE RULES!", and does the air guitar for an extra effect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love the bra pic! You are too funny!
ReplyDeleteThis is truly a creepy picture. I hope you 2 were escorted to the nearest exit after this espade.
ReplyDeleteWhatever! I have seen you dance and you are always super cute! I am jealous that you went Latin dancing... I have always wanted to go, but I don't think James would ever do it... We need to have another girls night. Alex and I got season passes to Seven Peaks, you need to get one and we can go all the time!!!!
ReplyDelete