I haven't written a letter on here since probably this time last year. I would like to write this letter to my amazing friend Andrea!
Dear Andrea,
I don't know if you know how much I've loved being friends with you for the past 3 years. You came at a time I needed you the most, and I don't think you even knew it. You're just this warm, fun, friendly person that everyone and anyone can be best friends with. You walked up to me at church, told me I was pretty, and that you wanted to be friends. This is so typical of you, always being able to pick people's moods up!

The lovely bride and one of her bridesmaids... ME!
I needed your friendship badly when it came. I wasn't in a good place in my life, but I was close to being there. You came in, invited me to everything fun you knew about and even set me up with a really cute guy. Talk about an awesome friend... I'm so lucky to have you as someone I consider one of my best friends!
The past year or so you and I have both done a lot to change our lives, and I just want you to know, I look to you for an example. You're strong, and driven. You're such a giver, and even when it exhausts you, you still give. I don't know if I will ever be as great at that as you are, but I try!
Mmmm... Wingers is Gross.
One of the best things about the past year is getting to work together. I usually love having my job be my own place where I can be away from everyone I normally see. At first it was a little challenging but we worked it out, and now I'm so lucky to get to see you as much as I do, since you're married now and have a lot to do there. I love having you in my life. I've been blessed with some loyal, wonderful friends at random times in my life. You are definitely one of the best!
You are beautiful, and funnier than crap. You've been there in some of the hardest times of my life recently, and I appreciate every second of your time there. I love that I can come talk to you for anything. I love that you have more random friends than anyone else I've ever met. You're so good at loving people... no wonder you have 5 million friends!
Keep being the amazing person that you are, and all the troubles and hardships that come your way will fade quickly, or at least fade eventually. You're seriously a one of a kind, and your husband is one lucky lucky man that he was able to catch you! I hope we never stop being friends... ever.
Love you tons babycakes,
Lana

Holi Festival of Colors, Spring 2009

Oh Lana-
ReplyDeleteThis means so much to me. I feel so flattered that you would right something so sweet about me. Thank you so much. Haha I did say those exact words to you, "your pretty lets be friends" haha I was hitting on you. jk. I love you so much and I think working together has made us so much closer. I am really happy to have you in my life for 3 years. I am so proud of you for working so hard on feeling better about yourself and about all that you have gone through. You’re telling me I am strong. It’s funny how we are doing the same thing around the same time table. I spent way too much time hating who I am and when loving yourself may not be easy but it’s worth it and feels so much better. I am so proud of all that you have overcome and who you are becoming. You've been through so much and I think you are strong. You are such a great friend and I appreciate you a lot. I count myself lucky to have you as a friend and huge chuck of my time each week. I mean I spend about 40 hours a week with you and gees we don't get sick of each other haha. I have not always been the best friend but there is never a perfect friend.
I needed this, this weekend especially. I am so happy that I do make a difference in people's lives and I don't think I tell you enough either. Good friends are hard to find and when you find them you keep them close and never let them go. Girl we will be friends for a long time. CRUISE, TRIPS, GOOD LAUGHS, LATE NIGHTS, CONCERTS, VOICES, BEING CRAZY, CRYING, HAVING A EAR TO LISTEN, why would I want to let you go? You are one of those friends. haha I do have a lot of best friends but not a lot who know so much about me like you. You are so beautiful, smart, and hilarious as well. I love our variety of voices, I love getting crazy in the long days at work, and I enjoy working next to you and miss you like crazy when you are gone. I mean who wouldn't like someone talking your ear off all day.... jk. I love how you always have so much to say. NEVER A DULL MOMENT!!!
Thank you so much. I LOVE YOU and I can't find my phone to call you but as soon as I find it... you'll get a call from me.
Andrea
PS back the the winger's yea that fake cheese crap needs to go. We totally could have shared that sense neither of us really ate more than 5 bites. hahah happy b day Ginene.
ReplyDelete