Here we go, bluebird.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

As you all know I'm a huge (creepy) Sara Bareilles fan. I may or may not have ordered a shirt with her face  on it the other night, but that's beside the point. I have to say, she is by far one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I am never disappointed with her singer/songwriter skills... a.k.a. you CANNOT teach the skills she has... a.k.a. when she played Gravity my friend and I got teary since it reminded us both of some bad past relationships.

Some of you may know that I also love to play the piano and am teaching myself how to sing while playing (a feat that is not as easy as it looks, especially if you have to read the sheet music). I envy people that play by ear. Tonight I bought the piano book for Kaleidoscope Heart which is her newest album. I already have the book for Little Voice which was her previous one that made her popular.  As I was playing through the new one tonight I fell in love with a song off the album that I already liked but didn't give much play time.

The song is called Bluebird. It's a little sad (but also happy), and it's about dusting yourself off after a breakup and looking to the future even if it wasn't your idea to breakup. This song doesn't apply to my life at the current moment, but boy has it before! I love her lyrics, they are so relatable. Normally I post her really fun loud songs, but this one just kind of reeled me in.

Please enjoy, it's a really beautiful song. I played it probably 6 or 7 times tonight on the piano, and am now in love with singing it too.

Now I just need to master it and maybe I'll post a video of me, instead of her singing it!  

PSYCHE!!!! Totally never going to happen.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.