So I think I do a pretty good job of being happy and optimistic while Mr. Awesome is gone with military stuff. I have only really cried probably a handful of times (which if you know me and my emotions, you're probably congratulating me in your head). I can even list fairly accurately the times I've cried....
The day he left
A week later when no letters came -- I didn't know it took a few weeks for them to be allowed to write.
After I hung up from the first 5 minute phone call a few weeks after he left.
One or two random nights here and there.
The night of his graduation when I was here for my best friend's wedding.
The first time I saw him on Skype
When I had to leave Mississippi and say goodbye (oh dear, I nearly lost it on my way to the ticket counter).
And.... tonight because I am sitting here watching my new addiction on Hulu, So You Think You Can Dance (ok it's an old addiction revisited), and they decide to do a dance based on a man coming home from the military and seeing his wife. Wow, can I just say the second it started I was in tears. And it wasn't because of anything other than 5 months of distance -- more hours on the phone than either of us ever thought we'd spend in our lifetimes put together, all the frustrations of not getting to see each other EVER -- finally got to me.
And then... I couldn't stop. And when it was over, I wasn't done crying so I watched the dance again. Here it is... it's pretty great, but still I don't see why it would trigger tears other than it's been forever with him being across the country from me and I had a moment tonight.
Holy crap guys, I needed that good cry. It's been practically 5 months in the making. I know men will never understand the effects of a good cry, but let me tell you, that was healing. I feel like a tightness that's been in my chest for weeks just loosened a little bit.
Also some good friends of mine were able to get married this past weekend. He just came home from being gone for 8 months. They got engaged during Christmas and never knew when they would get to marry each other, finally they sealed the deal! I'm so happy for them.
This post goes out to all my military wife/girlfriend/mom/sister friends! I hope you hang in there through all this distance. Your men are awesome men, and you are awesome women for standing by them through all this hardship. You're tough women. I'm lucky to know you!
The only thing left to add to this cheesy emotion fest is... GIRL POWER!!!!!!!! Anyone have some Midol?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.