Last weekend I went to Biloxi, MS to visit Mr. Awesome. It had been 4 months since we saw each other last in person. Needless to say the night before my flight I was a little anxious. The morning of my flight, I got to the airport with plenty of time to spare, and found out an hour later after waiting in line, that my flight was delayed for 4 hours, and I'd have to catch a new connecting flight that would get me to Biloxi 6 hours later than I hoped to arrive. I almost started crying but at least I'd get there though on the same day! By the time I finally got there I was exhausted and therefore couldn't be anxious at all. He was stuck in traffic, so when he finally pulled up I was waiting on the airport terminal curb.
Best. Reunion. Ever.
I missed him a lot. Here are some pictures from our trip. We hung around Biloxi the first full day, then headed 2 hours away to Pensacola, FL to the beach, then back to MS for some local beach time the next day and a gator farm, and some more beach time at the pier in Biloxi my last day. We explored Biloxi a lot and mostly just spent some overdue quality time together, you know... the cheesy stuff you don't get to do when you live 2,000 miles away. Like sit next to each other while you eat, and hold hands, and be around each other and NOT talk. Oh I loved not talking. 2 months of letter writing, and constantly holding my cell phone so as not to miss my 10 minute call, followed by 2 months of phone/skype only calls made me worn out from talking. I was so happy to watch movies with him and not talk at all.
I loved it so much that I didn't want to come back. And still don't want to be here. I want to go back NOW! Only 5 more months to go, and I'll be a happy camper! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it....
Anyway, here are the pictures! Oh and if someone ever suggests you try soft-shell crab deep-fried say no and punch them. It's horrible. We learned our lesson the hard way.
 |
| First day together again. He looks fantastic! |
 |
| Yay! |
 |
| Pensacola, FL |
 |
| Crazy legs at the beach! |
 |
| Best dinner I've ever had. Still craving it! |
 |
| Best dinner Justin's ever had. He's still craving it! |
 |
| Say "YES!" to bibs. |
 |
Gonna find him a gator!
|
 |
| It's slimy, and awesome. He is so excited! |
 |
| Biloxi pier. Awesome place for a lunch date. |
 |
| Holy sad faces Batman! Don't make me go home! |
This post was worth the wait! Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to see him! I can't imagine how hard it has been. It looks like you guys had a blast together. :)
ReplyDelete