You are more than meets the eye.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Please know: You are capable of so much more than being looked at.


I found this article on Facebook today that someone had shared and I felt like it needed to be shared with you!


Please read it.  If these statistics are true, which I believe they are since everywhere I turn girls are getting fake boobies for purely no reason...and I happen to live in the area this article speaks of. (Please note this is not an attack on those who do it because of deformations, cancer, etc).


Here are some of the many points that stood out to me:
"people in SLC search online for info on getting breast implants more often than any other city in the U.S.! They calculated the total searches for a topic based on millions of consumers in a three-month period, and then broke them down to location of the visitor. In Salt Lake City, residents seek out info on getting breast implants 74% more often than the national average." 
"Sure, it might be true that a fitness-oriented population might not have as much ”breast fulness” as the rest of the population, but the assumed “complicat[ions]” of that fact are what’s bothersome. Women shouldn’t need to “fit into” swimmingsuits – swimmingsuits should fit THEM."
"Though so much evidence tells us beauty ideals of extreme thinness and shapely perfection have little to no correlation with actual physical health, we still see evidence demonstrating people believe these myths. Multiple studies demonstrate most females now perceive underweight bodies as being ideally healthy." 


Can't we all just understand the fact that being a mom doesn't always make your boobs as perky as they were when you were 22? And why does our culture care so much about the perfect cleavage?! Men were turned on for eons before the pushup bra was invented, and believe you me, before that happened boobs were subject to gravitational forces! 


Women who become mothers sacrifice so much for their children including their youthful appearance. This makes them a selfless, beautiful person. This article talked so much about mothers in the area getting all the work done on them. I wish our society allowed womanhood to have various stages. It does regardless of whether or not we want it to happen, and these stages vary women's appearance as well. Each stage should be appreciated and accepted as we progress through them. 


I really wish we could all love ourselves for the awesome beautiful people that we are.


I'm also a little tired tonight so please forgive me for the scatterbrained writing.


3 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. This is so interesting. I wish I could do more to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana, I loved your post. I feel the same way! I can't believe, how many girls in Kanab Utah that are my age have boob jobs. It is CRAZY!!! I have so many friends that have them and so many friends that want them but don't get them just because of cost. I feel like I am one of the only ones here that has any kind of moral compass when it comes to sexuality and image. I also feel like there is so much pressure out there too, like you said, to be a certain image, to "look like" you have it all. I am so sad that my little girls will grow up in a society where a huge majority of their friend's mothers have boob jobs. I hate the kind of message that that sends to my little girls. I never want them to feel like there is a mold that they need to fit into to feel good about themselves. I want them to worry more about WHO they are becoming and not what they look like. It is frustrating and sad all at the same time. If more people our age worried about who we wanted to be instead of what we wanted to look like I think it would change our little state of Utah drastically. I have honestly been wanting the church leaders to address it or something because it is a HUGE deal in Utah. Anyway, sorry to ramble on and on, but I feel so strongly about this issue too!!! THanks for sharing your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just me searching for breast implants 2500 times per day. Sorry for ruining the average...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.