I remember waking up between 12 and 2 pm the whole summer after high school. I was a night owl for the next 5 years, with a regular bedtime of anywhere between 2am-7am... then suddenly my clock started shifting and I became a regular adult. You know, in the world where regular adult = 8 hours of sleep or I become a walking, emotional, grizzly bear. The kind that says things like, "I'm hungry let's go eat," only to thwart every restaurant suggestion/food idea Justin has, which just confuses him and makes him try to dodge the grizzly bear that was currently me (this happened yesterday). Good thing he's as tough as the craziest grizzly bear days I have, or the guy would be running for the hills. Luckily I like to sleep at night so this doesn't happen all the time.
Aaaanyway...
I just want to say how thankful I am and how wonderful it is to be married to Justin and just living a normal life. We have a nice apartment, and good jobs, and we spend the bulk of our days at work, and come home to each other and just hang out or he does homework. We do simple things like watch an episode of our new addiction Breaking Bad, or go grocery shopping, or I do yoga while he knocks out more homework assignments. I see my friends' Facebook posting about "fun" activities they do as singles, and I am just grateful. I'm grateful that I no longer have to try on 5 outfits before I go out, so as to look my most attractive, then make sure I am as subtly-but-perfectly-funny as I can be or as interesting/cool as possible so as to attract a potential mate. And then don't even get me started on how awesome it is to not have to go on first dates... blegh. If dates were beans, first dates would be the lima beans of the group... nobody likes lima beans. I'm still not even sure they're edible. So I guess it makes sense that our first date was more of a meet-up, not a date, since I prefer to avoid lima beans.
Last night we got home from work, caught the movie Argo at the local theater, and then hit up the local Walmart for a few things we needed.
Side note: I recommend this movie, it's got good suspense, and is based on a true de-classified story from the CIA. Who doesn't love a story that used to be classified, but is now de-classified? Also, I chose it and finally redeemed myself from the bad string of movie choices I had earlier this year, which led Justin to saying "You don't get to pick movies anymore", and now he takes that back.
![]() |
| They look like this, but were a little tiny bit cheaper and a knockoff, but they are weird, and awesome. Ok, not even weird, just awesome. |
Also, he earns extreme bonus points for de-webbing our place and spraying a few weeks ago. Now that it's getting cold we have very few bugs, but he's going to do it again because he knows life without spiders equals the best life and some of those little buggers are already making new webs on our exterior doors. The little jerks. Last night we were relaxing on the couch watching an episode of our addiction before bed, and he said "Those are cool shoes, let me look at them!". I was wearing my new moccasins, and he took one off and then promptly slams the bottom of it into the wall, not before I caught a glimpse of a black crawly thing that was his direct target. Such a tactically sound move. He's so great, he knows that it's better to kill the spider and tell me it's gone, than to show it to me first.
So this, my friends, is why normal life is just cool. I can't wait for more normal cool things to happen to us. Like maybe tonight we'll buy some produce and listen to the radio. Life is good.
Also... please enjoy this fun song by Grouplove, called Tongue Tied. The video is a little bit in the way of hipster style videos, so it might seem a little weird but the song is definitely great!


Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.