The board of dreams.

Monday, October 22, 2012

A quote from a favorite book of mine.
Mr. Awesome and I decided to sit down tonight and write out the list of what will go on our dream boards. We both are firm believers in goal setting and we decided if we're ever going to get anything in life that we want, we have to start mapping it out.  I did this on this very blog 4.5 years ago when I first started it. You can find that post HERE. I was surprised to see that when I went back and looked at the post tonight, of the 3 things on that short dream board post... I have 2 of them. I won't tell you which ones they are, but I will tell you one of them is almost identical to what I posted that I wanted, and the other is a close version of one of them. You decide or guess which ones I have! :)

It's fun to see that even though I didn't really put too much emphasis on staring at my blog post with my dreams on it... I still sent them floating out in space, and it helped me make sure I achieved them. Funny though, the ideas never left me and when I was able to get the things from that list that I have, I knew exactly what I wanted.  So that is precisely why our dream board task tonight is happening. We're sending our dreams out into the vastness of space and time, and we're asking the universe to help us get there throughout or journey in life together.

Tonight Justin and I decided to do just that. We made a small one for ourselves and one together.

I will share with you some of those things on our or my dream board here. This is not a complete list by any means, and it's not his personal list either. For the items on his list, you'll just have to ask him and see if he tells you.

I have 3 skills/trades that I want to master and also start selling them on Etsy or in a small shop of my own.


The courage to have red hair:

A really nice, small house (decorated with everything we get from the next dream on the list), with a flower and vegetable garden:



A small family so we can travel the world easily and experience all the different and great things other cultures have to offer:

And one of our favorites:


We are going to frame and hang the dream boards in our room so we are reminded everyday of what we want out of life. I am excited to look back on these lists and see what we've done with our lives. I only hope that we have no regrets when looking back!

What's on your dream board? Or what would be if you made one?

1 comment

  1. Oh my heck Lana. I've been wanting to do this. I 've been learning about dream boards for the past year in my ENTR. classes and I've been talking to Westin about doing them, but yet still haven't. U GO GIRL! THIS IS SO GOOD and really it works. My teacher has made a dream board Sister Kelly Anderson for years now and every year as she works towards her dreams they come true. One in which totally rocks. She dreamed of living somewhere tropical last year and traveling to Europe with her family. Well last year they lived in New Zealand for a month doing Doterra and then traveled Europe as a family backpacking not just for a month but for 3 months. She is now here on a mission in her 30 which is unheard of and makes enough money to sustain herself each month. TALK ABOUT dream boards working. I am proud of you guys! HECK YEA! I believe in them. How did you hear about them?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.