Well after a short 3 week break I'm back in school again. My classes seem really cool and some of my assignments are going to be a lot of fun! My current classes are Social Psychology, Sociology of the Family, Intro to Counseling and Psychotherapy, and Minority Relations. I'd tell you what some of my assignments are, but I just might use you as my experiment so I can't! I am starting to feel kind of overwhelmed with how much homework I'll be doing this fall. I guess that comes with full time student territory. I just need to breathe and remember that it is only for a short time. 12 more months. HAHAHAHA! SHORT?! I am insane I decided. I will compare my insanity to the time I tried to play an April Fool's joke on February 1st, and for a minute my brain couldn't grasp why no one thought it was funny! OR... the time when I was a kid and I thought my radio would pick up Salt Lake radio stations because we bought it in Salt Lake. Yep...That seems about right. That is pretty close to how insane I am right now for working full time and taking school full time.A couple weekends ago I went up to a cabin in Midway, UT (up in Provo Canyon). We were supposed to stay up there Friday night and go explore the Swiss Days festival in Midway the next day. Some people had to get back early so we didn't make it to Swiss Days, but the night at the cabin sure was fun! Between a crazy game of Curses, a random dinosaur eating show, and roasting marshmallows in the fireplace it was a great night! But to top it all off, Nate told a fantastic bedtime story about Homoville and Lesbian Land and how they joined every year for Straight Days. I'm pretty sure I laughed harder than everyone else!
This last weekend I was invited to participate in more LAYER'S fashion shows. These ones were much easier than the summer one! No stripping down naked in the back trying to change into a new swimsuit and make it back to the runway in 2 minutes flat, all while someone is putting belts, and jewelry on you. This one we just had to wear one outfit per show and the MC would talk about it. The hardest thing I had to do was spin around in my 4 1/2 inch heels! And just in case you were curious, my thighs were screaming from walking around the UVU Women's Expo in those bad boys. They make me almost 6 feet tall!
Sunday I went to dinner at Nate's cousins house, and that was really fun. They are all really chatty and funny like he is, which makes them my kind of people! Plus this little 3 year old blond girl named Hannah became my new best friend. I love her name! She was so cute, halfway through her Better Than Sex Cake (Yes, we all were comfortable with letting a kid eat cake with that name), she turns around and goes, "Hey you're Lana BANANA! Lana Banana!". I just love her. The kid has a powerful vocabulary already. I'm way impressed. She asked me earlier if I liked her sculpture. What 3 year old knows what the word sculpture means?! Then I had to ditch out early and head up to Salt Lake to my grandma's birthday party. She is 77 now! It was a lot of fun because my brother was there with his family, and I love seeing my neices. Also some cousins, aunts and uncles were there. It was so nice to spend time with my family. Sometimes when I get really stressed I just crave my family's company.
And I have definitely been stressed lately. After realizing just how much homework I have, knowing I still have to work 35 hours a week, weighing myself and noticing I dropped 4 lbs. last week, I have been trying to prioritize my time. To me, everything I have to do lately is a top priority which is why I get so stressed, which causes me to forget to eat. NOT A GOOD THING! Between maintaining a social life, going to school full time, working full time, and trying to fulfill my position in my ward as the activities planner, I am about 10 seconds away from exploding. (Notice my list of priorities, that's actually the order I value them. I did that subconsciously, and when I looked back it was interesting to see I had done that.)
I've worked up a solution to allieviate some of my work load and I hope this will help me chill out. I've been agitated for over a week, and more often than not, about to cry. For some reason that's what my body chooses to do when I am stressed... Cry. Funny thing is, it doesn't make me feel that much better, but for some reason it's a mandatory process for me... I wish it wasn't. Some people say I could just focus on school and work, but where's the fun in that? I HAVE to have a social life, it's the only way I maintain sanity through all of this. Plus, I just recently met some new people that I have a lot of fun with, and what kind of dumb would I have to be to say goodbye to fun people!?
Anyway, aside from my complaints of being too busy, I would say my life is going how I wanted it to go, I'm really happy about that, and things while stressful, are great!

Social Psych was one of my favorite classes--you're going to love it.
ReplyDeleteAnd 4 1/2 inch heels??? Where are the pics for this one, ms. bown??