Sweet potatoes...or not.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Have you guys ever had sweet potatoes? I love them, and I also love yams... (I thought they were the same thing but I was corrected recently on that idea.) My sister in law made candied yams for Thanksgiving, and I couldn't stop eating them... it was probably one of my favorite things to eat this year.  So naturally I thought a soup mix I purchased called "Sweet potato soup" would be delicious. All the other soup mixes I bought from this brand are amazing.

It's a cold, December day here in Utah, so after church Justin and I came home and I started whipping up a batch of the soup! It smelled delicious and ginger-snappy. I guess it has molasses, cloves and spices in it. Even though Justin said, "I'm not sure I like how it smells", we were both excited for some good hot soup on a cold day and he even said, "I know what I'm eating for lunch tomorrow!" After it was finished cooking, I poured us each a big bowl, and we headed to the couch for some hot soup, and a Sunday afternoon movie session of Batman Begins. It was only ok tasting, not my favorite flavor, but Justin took one bite and said, "this is gross, I can't eat it at all." That boy can eat ANYTHING, so I was really shocked. Guess we're taking that soup off our grocery list in the future! There's no way I can eat a whole stock pot full of that stuff by myself. 

These mixes can be found at your local World Market store. I bought a bunch earlier this year and have made a few and love them. Guess this one isn't one of our favorites. Do you guys know of any really great soup recipes I can try? Even the thought of this one makes me nauseated. Blegh!!

And here's a song for your listening pleasure.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.