The Sickies are back from the dead!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sorry I haven't written in a while. I just wrote up a super long post that would've been lovely to read had blogger not messed up and erased it. So... this is the shortened version.

We were gone for Thanksgiving, and had a blast visiting family and enjoying the awesome food. (It's my favorite food holiday, next to Christmas!) Shortly after we got home from our trip, I got taken down by the worst germ I've ever had and today is one of the first days in a week that I actually feel decent!

Yeah, it went something like this. Only I wasn't looking
for a drink in there.
This germ is a stomach flu, but it really takes all you've got. In a matter of 4 hours of getting sick, Justin had to run me to the hospital for some IV's. I was starting to pass out from dehydration, and it was NOT pretty. The next day I developed a really high fever, and still couldn't eat. It took a few days to be able to eat solid food, but I'm doing much better now! Just as I started to get better and Justin and I thought he'd been lucky enough not to get it, he got stuck in the throes of the miserable hell that is this germ. We almost had to run him to the hospital too but were able to get him to feel well enough to ride it out.

I'm a few days ahead of Justin but we're both on the mend. This germ really takes it out of you. Even though I'm eating now, I am still unnecessarily tired. Yesterday I slept until noon. I haven't done that since I was probably in my early 20's, so I know my body is recuperating from the madness. I imagine in a few more days I'll be back to normal, and then a few days after that Justin will too. Poor guy, he spends the week taking care of me, and all he has to show for it now is being taken out by the germ too.

The hospital told us it's going around like wildfire so if you end up getting stomach cramps, you may be wishing you were dead a few hours later! Just remember to wash your hands ALL the time. You really don't want to try to tough this one out. It will be better if you just don't get it at all!

I'll try to come up with some interesting stories over the next little bit and get back to regular blogging soon!

I'm so excited for the holiday season, and hope you're having a blast, and I hope you don't catch the nasty bug yourselves!


Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.