It's like, "Hey, I know I'm garbage, but I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Just go to work, and pay attention to me later."
5 minutes go by.
"I AM THE EVIL STENCH MONSTER! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN AT WORK WHEN I APPEARED, NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!"
And you spend the next 30 minutes cleaning and airing out the house to get rid of it.
Well, I've seen this thing on Pinterest where you boil sliced oranges or orange peels with cinnamon and water. It's supposed to smell like a dream came true at your house. So I tried it and...
...it works! No Pinterest Fail here, internet peeps! My house smelled like the holidays, heaven and magic all wrapped into one! And it didn't burn my nose or give me a headache like scented candles do! I loved it so much that I had my trusty friend, Google, help me find these simple recipes for more house scents on Apartmenttherapy.com, which is also one of my very favorite get-lost-for-hours-at-a-time sites.
Pasted below, directly from the article, are the ones I want to try. Check it out, and let me know how it works for you!
Instructions: Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the ingredients from your favorite recipe, continue to boil for a few minutes, then turn the heat down to simmer. Add water as needed, usually every 30 minutes or so.
Recipe #2
Peel from 1 lemon
Peel from 1 orange
2 bay leaves
3 cinnamon sticks
2 Tablespoons whole cloves
Peel from 1 lemon
Peel from 1 orange
2 bay leaves
3 cinnamon sticks
2 Tablespoons whole cloves
Recipe #3
A few drops vanilla
Orange peels
A few drops vanilla
Orange peels
Recipe #5
5 bay leaves
1 Tablespoon whole cloves
2 sticks cinnamon
And because your house will smell like the holiday season, it will make you get in the holiday spirit... and you'll eventually do this. BEFORE THANKSGIVING. Trust me, it smelled THAT good.5 bay leaves
1 Tablespoon whole cloves
2 sticks cinnamon


I tried this yesterday! I put some orange peels, cinnamon, and a drop of vanilla in a pan with some water and turned it on low for a while. My house smells amazing! It's also great without the vanilla. :)
ReplyDelete