My new year's resolution is to become a Bachelor.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

For those of you who don't know, my life is about to change. Nothing insanely drastic, just me becoming strictly a full time student for the first time since I entered the college world in the Fall of 2002. I have worked every semester and worked my schedule around my job. This has put a delay on my bachelor's degree because sometimes I could only take 2 or 3 classes due to financing, and time issues. I put my two weeks notice in this week at my job and am surprised that it's more of a bittersweet feeling. I'm sad to stop working. I have worked at a really nice company for the past year and half plus. I will miss these people, and my job. I know that is surprising to hear because usually you can find me hitting snooze every morning until 7:30 and then running out the door to make it by 8:00 without showering before work most days.

It is scary for me to step out onto shaky financial ground. I've always been the one to make sure I had money for whatever I did. I tend to develop a hernia of the brain or have a panic attack when I am not in control of my finances, therefore I always know how much money I have and when I will get more. For once I'm going to live off my savings and I don't know when I'll get more money. I will just look for a job when it starts to get low. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm taking 6 classes this next semester. This will leave me with 3 classes in Summer to finish my bachelor's degree. If everything is available for me in the summer, you will be looking at Ms. College Graduate August 2009!!!! Finally! You have no idea how much I think about how great that will be. (There's a possibility it could take until December if there are not 3 behavioral science electives available for me to take, but keep praying for me that this does NOT happen!)

When all is said and done it should be a 7 year process with a one year intermission, an Associate of Science degree in Paralegal Studies, and 4 major changes in between. And believe it or not, while I love my current major and eventually plan to get my Master's or my PhD in this field focusing on families and children, I secretly want to study art, mostly photography. I guess I'm not one to make up my mind ever on the matter of education! So... 8 months you guys. 8 months. Let's hope my anxiousness chills out so I can focus. I'm so excited to be done I have developed a serious case of homework ADD. At this very moment I'm writing in my blog instead of working on one of my 4 papers that are due this week. But I've been a good girl today. I stayed home on a Saturday night to do my homework. It's only 7:30, there is still a lot of time for me to write those papers!

You can make money or food donations to me at anytime, please just let me know. All are welcome to contribute! HAHA!

<><><><><><><><>

Oh and for those of you who want to see my nasty stitches from the dermatologist... Here you go! Still think having a tan is cool? Those red marks are from the band aids ripping off the top layer of my skin everytime I take them off which is 2 times a day. It's my favorite part of waking up.

7 comments

  1. Oh sweetie I am so happy for you... I wish so much I had stuck it out at school!

    Your poor shoulder I just wanna give you a hug... well a half hug on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. owwwwwwwwwie!!!! that looks like it hurts REALLY bad. ouch. i'm sorry!

    if you run low on cash, the school is a pretty good employer. i worked for them several times and it was pretty nice. they let me leave for an hour or two in the middle of my shift for class and i could do HW on down time and they didnt care. the school is pretty flexible w/ schedules. i worked in the testing center. plus, you are already there so no commuting (other than walking)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a serious battle wound! But, you made it! And you're going to make it through school too! That's so exciting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I agree that working on campus is a great way to pay the bills while in school. Good luck, and keep us posted! Also, I want to get your address-- are you going to be home at Christmas? My sister is doing a shower for me, and I'd love to see you while we're there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! It was fun to see you the other day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH Im so excited for you to Graduate! And you have always been good at doing your homework...When we were Roomies way back back back in the day hahah you were always doing homework, Now your doing it like double time. I give you props! Im so happy, excited and proud of you! It will be nice to finally be done with school! Hey maybe if you finish your degree and go into photography you can work for me when i open my business of wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I still owe you cafe rio, so that could easily take care of one day's nutrition. And it's better than food stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thats awesome Lana. I can't believe you will be done soon. If only I had stuck with it. I can't believe your scar. That makes me want to go put sunscreen on.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.