Lord, grant me
the greatness of heart to see,
the difference in duty
and his love for me.
Give me the understanding to know,
that when duty calls he must go.
Give me a task to do each day,
to fill the time when he is away.
And Lord when duty is far away,
please protect him, this I pray.
Amen.

Love you Lana!
ReplyDeleteLove you too Cousin!
Deletei tried to comment yesterday and my iphone said no. lets try again...
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting this! I love it! When we were at Dugway I struggled with this sometimes, and still I get mad when his duty has to be fulfilled and its like REALLY?! He'll be missing Issac's 1st ever baseball game this month. Its easier for me to see it though because I know he loves his family so much.
Justin is so busy it feels like patience is who I am these days. this poem reminded me of that fact that it is not about if he cares about me, its about what he has to do. I'm grateful that he calls me multiple times a day to make up for being busy/gone so much. It definitely makes a difference.
Delete