On womanhood.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

She's speaking from my heart.
I feel like I've apologized often for being female, (meaning: for crying, for being sensitive, for not being as tough as maybe I think I should be).

Men and women are not the same. We deserve equal rights, but we are still not identical creatures. We have different chemicals controlling how we behave, and we have different natural instincts. As women, we should never apologize for who we are. I should never be sorry that I don't act male. I am not male. A guy should not apologize for not acting female. He is not female. We should however strive to understand and accept each other and our differences as often as possible. We are complements of each other.

A friend once told me, "Women and men are equal, but we are not the same. I don't want to be successful by being just like a man. I want to be successful as a woman." I think about those words often, she seemed to understand what I didn't completely. I spent so much energy trying to pretend I wasn't sensitive, or that I didn't want to be a typical girl. But I am those things.

Here I go... embracing what makes me so amazingly feminine, and what makes me... ME.

I cry. (I know your brain just exploded). I don't cry all the time, just during the following situations: laughing really hard; extreme frustration/anger; exhaustion; sad or ashamed; proud moments, like when I walked out of my last college class of my bachelor's degree after my last final. I practically skipped to my car, and then when I got in I sat there for a minute and cried a few tears of joy. (I know most guys reading this will have no idea what tears of joy are...so unlucky.)

I have moderately thick skin, which means, sometimes it isn't. I am pretty tough at work. I have no choice. You can't cry at work (except in the bathroom). But away from the office with family/friends, if you're mean or insensitive, it will often hurt my feelings. There's rarely a legitimate reason to be mean.

I love to love. The older I get, the more my heart has room for the good parts of life, and less room for what isn't necessary. I am a believer of the phrase, "Love makes the world go 'round."

I require silliness. Silliness is the best part of life. It is mandatory in my relationships of any kind. It is mandatory to handle the crap life throws at you. How can you handle when crap hits the fan, if you can't laugh about how gross it is once it gets all over you?!

Some girly things...When I was little, I used to judge a dress's quality by it's ability to spin out when I spun around. Ask any little girl. It's really fun.

I'll never forget how jealous I was of girls that got to shave their legs before my mom let me.

I was also jealous of the girls who got to wear heels. The first time I wore them and heard the "clack clack" sound when I walked, I felt like I'd made it in life.

I hate horror films and spiders. They freak me out beyond normal amounts.

Nothing beats a good pedicure. Foot and calf massage, and cute toes? YES PLEASE.

I love men who can be men. Protect me. Protect our family one day. Honor and value your roles as a man and honor and value women's roles and you have my respect.

Thanks for reading. let me know your thoughts on this post, womanhood, or even your favorite thing to eat. I just love hearing from people that read my blog! Oh and here's a song for you to listen to that has nothing to do with this post, but the video is neat.




2 comments

  1. You are so good with words. I love reading your blog and having a glimpse into your world it's so fun. Justin is a very lucky guy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much! I sometimes wonder if people enjoy my writings or not. I guess I don't care too much since I keep on doing them. And yes he is lucky! hehehe.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.