MGD aka Jerk!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Tonight after my lovely Friday night workout, I did some mild yoga moves to relax, stretched and meditated a little. Feeling amazingly peaceful and energized after a run that kicked my butt takes a little practice. But gosh darnit, I succeeded tonight! I walked out of the gym feeling peaceful and relaxed, and a little bit more athletic, and then MAJOR GYM DOUCHEBAG smacked me in the face (and his girlfriend) with a big pile of garbage. Here's the story...

(Disclaimer... if you can't handle hearing stories of domestic abuse, please do NOT read this. I don't want to ruin your night!)

I walk out of the doors of the gym and hear the following, "That's F***-ing stupid! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO F***ING STUPID?! I AM SO SICK OF YOU HOW STUPID YOU ARE! I SWEAR YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME, SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT BUT IT'S ALL LIES!"

I look toward the obvious direction of the psychotic angry man's voice to see someone who could be an NFL linebacker due to his size yank a woman's purse from her arms and find her cell phone. I could tell that she was pretty close to my size. At this point she saw me (they are only about 20-30 feet from me), but I have to walk past them to get to my car, and also because I think if he sees me he'll relax.

She gives me this mortified look as if this isn't the first time he has done this. I size him up to make sure she's safe. I don't think she is, girls my size can NOT disable a man his size. He rummages through her phone and then gets really angry, screams, "YOU'RE F***ING FLIRTING!!!!" and throws her phone at her face, hitting her in the nose/eye region with it. The whole time he's screaming at her, she's just trying to calm him down. She was using a calm voice and saying, "You know I don't do that, you know that's not me. Why can't you ever just trust me? I never do anything to deserve this." Then she picks up her phone off the ground and runs into the gym!

I kept my eye on him from my car to make sure he left, and had my phone out to call the police or the gym people to keep him out of there. He angrily walks to his car, and then all the sudden I see him turn and run into the gym and start looking around for her. Obviously at this point I'm worried for her. He's in public and he doesn't care that everyone can see his psychotic behavior. That is a HUGE red flag of a person's anger! Not only is he a threat to her now, he's a threat to everyone nearby. So I call the front desk of the gym and tell them his description and ask them to find him. The guy on the phone said they were already on it, and a couple of the gym employees already had a hold of him and were throwing him out and taking care of the situation. GOOD!

I felt so sick watching him scream at her and throw the phone at her face. He KNEW I was there and didn't care at all. But I was terrified to step in besides making sure she was safe from a distance. He looked like the type that would've turned around and punched me had I gotten any closer. And his fist looked larger than my head. I wanted to walk over there, grab her arm, and take her inside. I wish sometimes that I were a big burley guy. Because in cases like this, I'd have done just that and then come back out and fought him. I don't always justify violence, but when a man uses it to dominate a woman, he deserves something in return.

I hope this girl breaks up with him. She looked a little helpless in the parking lot when he was in her face, like she'd been there a million times and didn't know why he was always mad. I can't even imagine what he does when no one is watching. I'm so glad she was in public this time.

Abuse makes absolutely no sense to me. Losing your temper so completely that the person you claim to love, you now are determined to hurt? And all for the sake of your love? That is not love, that's obsession and it is unhealthy and wrong. Jealousy doesn't come from love. Anger like the kind he displayed tonight doesn't come from love. It comes from lack of self control and insecurities. If anyone reading this is with a guy like that, or even a girl like that, please dump them, and let the police have them seek anger management therapy. You didn't provoke it, you didn't deserve it. They are just mad and insecure. Life is too important to let someone destroy you. Trust me, I've been there. It takes years to repair what you've allowed them to do.

Healthy relationships are the kind where if you disagree or argue, you don't say things you can't take back, even if you're hurt or angry. And you NEVER block someone's path and get in their face to scare them into apologizing.  Sure those types of people win their arguments, but they lose everything that actually matters in a relationship.

To get rid of the sad/gross/angry feeling I have right now after writing this post, here is a positive, love song (about a healthy relationship) for you to listen to:









Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.