She asked me if I feel like it's a bad sign if a guy doesn't do that for a girl. I thought about this for a second, which was a second longer than I needed to. I said, "If it's a first date, it shows an immediate sign of either immaturity, or lack of care for you which translates into your future relationship with this person."
Some of you may find that to be extreme, but I believe it to be 100% true. The guys that didn't open my door and take care to show me I was important, didn't do that for me in almost every other aspect of our relationships and it was all about them... always.
Side Note Rant: Ladies, never get mad at guys for opening your doors!!! So what if you have arms. Let them be men and take care of you. The rest of us that value that in men, really can't stand what you've done to the good ones! It's all your fault and you'll be mad one day that they don't and say 'Where are all the good guys?', and you'll only have yourself to blame.
| A lovely Crab dinner after a day at the Pensacola Beach! |
It's been over a year and a half since we first met up at Barnes and Noble and laughed our heads off in the foreign language section while I picked out Italian and French translation books for my Eurotrip. It's been a crazy ride since then. Pretending we weren't falling for each other because he was heading off to military duty, only to end up right smack in the middle of an awesome relationship. Writing an insane amount of letters and calling each other whenever we had 5 minutes to make the distance not feel so far or long. It was 9 MONTHS of military distance. Some girls go a year or more. I feel your pain, that's just brutal! I don't wish that on anyone!
We've had times with each other where I wanted to punch him right in the nose, or where he wanted to run far away from me because I was frustrating him beyond all belief. And times where it's just been butterflies and rainbows (I'm only halfway kidding on the butterflies and rainbows.) But he has never stopped opening my doors, calling me every day, and being there for me even when he has no time left to give, and making me laugh.
And that is why I'm grateful for you, and why I love you today. Thank you for being Mr. Awesome!
Why do you love your Mr. Awesome? OR What makes a guy become awesome to you? I love hearing from you, so please feel free to comment and share!
---------
Lately I post videos along with every post whether they fit it or not. This is a love song to add to the cheese already in this post. I love certain old music, and Sam Cooke is one of my favorites for songs like the one below. Enjoy!

love you lana! so cheesy! so true! love your rants and your reason!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you Deb! I miss you and love you. Hope all is well in Ptown!
Delete