I was riding in a fancy train car through some country I've never been in. Everyone in the car was having a blast, but no matter how much I tried to join their groups they wouldn't let me in. I tried befriending them, but nope! I started to feel dejected and frustrated. That night in the train car, a group was watching a movie and I wanted to watch too. They said, "Ain't no skinnies be watchin' with us!" This was because all of them were large, curvaceous women. In my defense I tried to teach them how to be respectful to people of all sizes, and let them know that just because they'd been mistreated all their lives for being overweight, that rejecting me because of my appearance was just repeating the problem behavior!
It didn't work.
They laughed me out of the room, and I decided to just go hang out by myself. I started eating a bunch of fried chicken that was sitting on the table nearby to feed my woes, and I could hear them all muttering, "Who does she think she is, like we'll feel bad for her, she may not have friends, but her thighs will never be huge! She doesn't even know us at all!"
And then I woke up. Probably one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had. If not the weirdest, it's at least up there next to the frog detective that keeps chasing me, or the one involving care bears letting me float with them in a hot air balloon. All that one consists of is pure peaceful floating with some fuzzy, loving bear friends. I guess I've always had an overactive brain in my sleep. Must be why I'm always sleepy!
So, that dream got me thinking all about food all day long. That night I came home and made a huge batch of my new favorite food -- chicken and black bean burritos. I make a large batch of them and throw them in the freezer. Then whenever I'm hungry, or Justin is hungry, we just pop one in the microwave for 2 minutes! They are SO MUCH better than any store bought burrito I've ever had.
Here's my recipe:
LANA'S AMAZING BURRITOS
- Boiled and shredded boneless chicken
- Black beans
- Diced canned chiles
- Shredded cheese
- Tortillas
Just boil the chicken and shred it with beaters (it will save you tons of time!) Then open the cans of chiles and black beans, and stir them all together with the chicken in a huge bowl. Then pile a blob of the mix into a tortilla, add some cheese, and wrap it up! I wrap my burritos in foil for the freezer, but I'm trying to find a less wasteful method, so if anyone knows one, send it my way!
Y'all should try it and tell me what you think! Or come up with another recipe (this was all my own from what I know I like) and send it to me. I love food, so help a blonde out ok?

Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.