You know why I love animals? They love you no matter what. One time Justin and I were watching a show at the end of a long awful day. We were eating hot soup and finally relaxing. Justin got up to get something and accidentally spilled his drink on the carpet. He got frustrated because the spill was the icing on the cake of our horrible, no good, very bad day. In his frustration, he chucked a pillow and it hit the blinds causing a really loud noise.
Our cat, terrified by the sudden outburst of noise, attempted to flee the scene. Only he couldn't easily get out of there because I was sitting on the couch blocking his smooth getaway. He clambered over me, scratched my arm deeply in several places and caused me to spill my hot soup on my lap. Then Justin chased him out of the house for being a punk and causing problems. Poor scared kitty!!! (But can we say awesome protective husband? Nobody hurts his woman. Nobody. Hahaha!)
Shortly after this crazy chain reaction, we both felt bad for him and let him back in the house. He was neither angry nor skittish around us. He was just stoked to have cuddle time with his friends.
I wish people were more like this. Sometimes they are, but more often than not it takes more than 5 seconds for someone to be over it when you hurt them. A lot of times it takes even longer to forgive OURSELVES for pain we have caused. I know whenever I make mistakes, I berate myself for it for hours or days. I just feel I should know better than to do wrong. (How dare I be human!?) But animals just know we are all animals. We all react in situations whether for good or bad. So they forgive us a million times over and instantly.
To finish the story, the spill that caused the chain reaction actually had us laughing in the end. Who would've thought all of that would happen in a matter of 5-10 seconds? I know I was stunned when I was sitting there with a lap full of hot soup.
The moral of the story is, I love Justin and I love this cat. And we're a happy family. Oh... and forgiving is important!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.