The Society

Monday, October 21, 2013

I'm obsessed with this print ---- Bon Iver - Analog Zine, by Hugo Barros


I am a sucker for all things artsy. I recently discovered an art site called Society6.com. When I first discovered the site, I sat gushing tirelessly over the pages and pages of art prints for days. I finally became obsessed with one in particular (pictured above) and ordered the largest size of it that was available.  (The artist's Society6 page is here if you want to see more of their work. They are ridiculously talented.) I am now searching for the perfect frame for this piece.  I have the spot picked out for it in my living room so I just need to find the right frame. Maybe I'll thrift store one and paint it to match.

After researching the site a little further, I found out I can have a page on there and sell my own artwork without losing the rights to my pieces.  After battling my "I'm no artist" and "who am I to think I can sell my stuff?" thoughts, I figured, "why not?", and created one myself.  I mostly have it loaded with photos I've taken while traveling and just a few things I painted myself. I'm currently in the process of drawing and painting more, so keep checking back on my page because you never know what you'll find! I definitely feel vulnerable to this, because letting the world judge what you consider to be a masterpiece is opening yourself up to rejection. But... I'm going to be bold and see what happens.

Also... after 5 days of having my stuff up, I made one sale!!!! 

And they bought the biggest size they could! 

I am so proud of myself that I ran upstairs to disrupt Justin's laundry-folding session and jumped on him yelling, "I MADE A SALE!!!! PEOPLE LIKE ME!"

Life is good. I'm feeling successful.

Here is a link to my Society6.com page.  http://society6.com/LanaLeFevre

Go ahead, peruse my photos/paintings, and share with friends and family if you feel so inclined (I would love it!). Also, please keep checking up on it for my newest pieces of art. I am loving that I'm getting back in the swing of creativity. I have no idea why I set it aside during all of my college life, but I'm happy it's back. 

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.