I wrote this poem tonight during an angry-at-the-universe journaling session. It feels like sometimes that faith isn't enough. I will keep at it though. But honestly, it's not enough sometimes. Things happen and regardless of the faith you have, they will happen and that's life. That's the grit of life. You can't magically erase someone's pain. You can't magically heal cancer. You can just love the person that needs the love, and you can put your head phones on and zone out for an hour with sad music to help you get your emotions out so you won't take them out on your husband in the wrong way.
This is part of what came of my angry-at-the-universe journal session. Analyze it how you wish. This was my very first poem I've ever written just for the hell of it. I don't know why but part of my brain was thinking poetically tonight. Sorry guys, my life is full of greatness and hardships and that's reality. Today happens to be a day with some hardships and I happened to really need to get it down on paper... er... internet paper.
The Triumph
She takes another step forward
just to fall thirty behind.
This race used to be her forte
now it's above her fastest stride.
They all look on with hope,
as she continues to bear through it,
never knowing what will happen
when the next blows take their hit.
What causes things to rapidly change
like cancerous cells in a beautiful brain?
Or a life once so vibrant
forced into endless freezing rain?
They say faith is the answer,
the magical cure-all,
but no one is able to
stop the doubts inside when the curtains fall.
How does one have faith, when impossible?
Is faith the cure-all elixir of life?
Or is there something else that works?
Maybe courage is the only defeater of strife.
As she looks on with hope,
and an ache for what was,
she realizes that courage and faith,
when joined, can help her cause.
But can it cure it?
Only God knows.
He is the only one
who takes charge of the blows.
She calls out to Him in tears,
knowing that He'll show up.
She needs Him to be her strength,
and help her find triumph.

Oh Lana, my heart is breaking for you. I can't imagine what you are facing. We keep you and your family constantly in our prayers. In the end, faith is always enough, but it doesn't always feel that way in the thick of it. Just remember that it's ok to be angry, bitter, and sad sometimes. It's healthy to let yourself feel.
ReplyDeleteLana, I feel for you. Stay strong, this poem was beautiful and truthful. love you!
ReplyDelete