Back to school....

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Well I'm officially a few weeks into my 2nd to last semester. I'm taking 18 credits, and am no longer an employee anywhere. It's an interesting setup for my life. I saved up over $5,000 and am going to be living off that until it runs out. Sometimes, even though I'm at school most of the day like a regular day shift at a job, I still feel so unproductive not being at a job. I've had a job my whole college and highschool career. This just feels off. I will adjust soon enough once the heavy homework load kicks in. I will say that it is really nice being able to sleep a little longer everyday than I've been able to in years. Also I have my nights and weekends back! I've missed them so much!

My classes are interesting. I'm taking Psychopharmacology, which is basically drugs and how they effect the brain. I'm taking Child Abuse/Domestic Violence, and also a Child Development class. These will both be very interesting subjects. I think the class that will try me the most is the Group Psychotherapy class. I signed up for the teacher with the best ratings, and for the first hour of every class we are doing group therapy as a class. So I'm going to be learning A LOT about everyone in the class this semester! Don't ask me to share what I learn, we've all agreed to confidentiality because it's really group therapy, not just mock therapy!


Here is a video clip from Hero. It's a pretty neat movie if you want to see it. It's got Jet Li in it. I really like it.

This is one of the first scenes. The other scenes vary in color, because according to the Chinese (and my teacher) there is an order of color for the more closeness to the truth. I'm not sure the exact order but I guess the movie goes by the color order so each scene is a different color. It's really a cool film.



Another class is survey design. We'll have to design surveys and conduct research at school or around town. This will be a big homework project, and I'm thankful we're doing it in groups. And then my last class is Myths, Magic, and Religion. It's an elective, and it's pretty cool. Right now we're watching Hero. For those of you who've seen this, it's big on symbolism and supernatural abilities. We're going to be studying shamans, medicine men, religions, and other things like witchcraft, etc. It's pretty cool!

I am so excited! I am hoping to be finished by August this summer! Keep your fingers crossed that my last 3 classes will be available in the summer so I'm not stuck in school til Christmas! Also, pray for me that I will be able to find the money to make this happen. Since I have no income currently, it will be a task in itself to make sure I have money for summer!

2 comments

  1. can you say top ramen! Good luck woman... I believe in you and I am thinking good thoughts to lift you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Pharmacology: Please report back on what they teach about anti-depressants. I've read they don't work. Personally I think depression is probably the most misdiagnosed condition out there.

    2. Group Psychotherapy? Yikes! My aunt was in some psych class at BYU years ago and the professor basically did the class like that. When she refused to participate and was in danger of failing the class, she wrote to the admin and that professor either got fired or suspended. I don't know about group therapy...

    3. Hero sounds really cool. One of my favorite movies is Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, so looks like I need to check this one out.

    4. Survey design does sound interesting. Here's an idea: see if you can survey people at the gym versus people say...in the mall, for anti-depressant use. Then you can see which activity is associated with less depression, shopping or exercising. ;)

    5. Sugar daddy. Nuff said!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.