- I think I'm funny. And I'm not afraid to admit it. --- Hi, My name is Lana, and I'm very capable of making myself laugh.
- I'm a music junkie. I'm always listening to it. I love folksy stuff, and anything that can be played better live than on CD. Those are my favorite kind of artists. I also am a huge fan of oldies, classic rock, and 80's. My favorite artists don't have lyrics that say "womanizer, womanizer" and don't start with B and end with ritney Spears. Nor do they ever sing about their grills, or popping that booty.
- My sheet music library is in my trunk. This way whenever I find a piano that is all alone, I have access to my whole collection! I never have time to get any practice anymore though.
- I am developing the ability to be able to have conversations with people I don't know. I'm not a pro but I'm getting much much better at this fine art. I'm finding it is giving me the ability to make friends with so many more people than I ever used to think I could.
- In the past 6 months I have learned exactly what I really want in a guy. I'm sure there will be more fine tuning to this as I keep dating and meeting people, but I can say I now know what I'm looking for, and it's interesting because I found this out by trying something 100% new. It took me 24 1/2 years to solve that mystery.
- I have a serious soft spot for little kids. I may not be the best at being all googly talking to them -- my idea of a conversation with a little kid is "Hey buddy, what's up?". I know the kid won't say "Oh nothing much", but I still try. -- but whenever I see them anywhere I just have to smile at them. Nothing cheers me up quite as fast as a little kid smiling at me. There's something so amazing about them. I love those little people.
- I have a crush on Bear Grylls. Man vs. Wild. Something about a man who can jump naked into a bog to show me how to climb out... RAWR!
- When I was 18 I peed my pants full blown. I had had about 40 ounces of water in a 1 hour period. And for some reason didn't have to pee until I had just left a guy's house I was hanging out with. It was the middle of winter and the middle of the night, and for those of you who are women, you know the cold triggers your pee urge. Well I didn't want to run back up and say "can I pee?" so I start driving home. I was about 2 miles from my apartment when I realized I couldn't hold it if I stood up, but as long as I stayed sitting I was good. So I sat in the parking lot of my apartments for 20 minutes debating what to do. Then I decided "It's raining, I'll just run and if I pee, no one will notice the puddle". So I get up, take 2 steps from my car, and BAM... the great flood occurs. And I didn't have time to warn Noah. Let's just say I've never had that happen since and am not a regular pants pee-er but I will still laugh to this day about how awesomely gross that was.
- Small settings are my favorite. I get so much more out of sitting and talking to someone for hours than a big huge gathering of people. (Not to say those aren't fun though!)
- I wish I'd never quit piano lessons, or clarinet lessons. I also wish I'd taken guitar lessons. I really want to be a master musician.
- I teach Relief Society. If you would've asked me 4 years ago if I'd ever say yes to something like that, I'd have laughed in your face. Life is funny isn't it? I love teaching!
- I will never fully decide on a major. I am graduating with a Bachelor's in Psychology which I love but sometimes I want to study world religions, photography, foreign languages, painting, so many things to learn!
- I used to be so afraid of the dark that I wouldn't look out dark windows or around in my room when it was dark for fear of what I'd see. So I'd crawl up and down our back stairs to get to my room. I'd stay below the windows. I wouldn't want some monster to see me.
- When people spit loogies in front of me I dry heave. It's weird, I can stick my hand in a sink disposal and pull out rotten soggy food, but I can't watch someone spit mucus. Go figure!
- I don't kiss guys unless they're only kissing me. It's about respect. I don't kiss other guys when I'm kissing someone either. And I certainly never kiss any simultaneously!
- I sing like a pro in my car. Sometimes I record myself to see if I am on key, and most the time I am. You will never get to hear these recordings though because I'm such a chicken that I immediately delete them so no one can find them!
- When I'm by the ocean I feel a sense of longing, it's hard to explain. I could sit on the beach for the rest of my life and be just dandy. (Minus the skin cancer, but it may be worth it!)
- My little brother is as tall as me and he's almost 13! I'm not a big sister anymore.
- If you can make me laugh I count you as one of my favorite people. Laughing is one of my favorite things to do. I also like smiling. Smiling's my favorite.
- I will always be impressed by and jealous of people that are naturally talented at anything artistic such as painting, photography, piano, dancing, sandwich making, fire building, etc...
- I think valentine's day is lame. I've never had a good one though, so I am biased.
- I think it's funny that everyone likes to tell me to eat more as if I hadn't ever thought about eating because I'm skinny. Hey people, why don't you eat LESS!!!!
- I don't like to play or watch team sports as much as some people. I don't care who wins, ever. FYI - I'm probably someone you should pick last, I have this horrible condition called I AM UNCOORDINATED. (This does not mean I'm not competitive in other ways, just team sports I don't pay much attention to.)
- The following movies are prohibited from ever being watched in my apartment, or around me, or even brought into my apartment at all - The Ring 1 & 2, The Grudge 1 & 2, Exorcism of Emily Rose, and any other movie resembling the scariness levels, story line, directors style, any characteristics of those movies. I don't even watch previews for movies that remind me in any way of these movies.
- The first pop songs I remember hearing in my life are Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard, Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin, and the entire Cosmic Thing album by the B-52's. This could be why I have a deep rooted love for all of those songs/albums, and anything similar sounding. And also acid washed jeans, whistling and odd sounding singers.
Once, twice, 25 times a lady....
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Since I'm approaching the lovely age of 25, I thought I'd copy the 25 random facts about you that is circling people's blogs and facebook notes. Here goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am dying to know what you got from the layers sale???
ReplyDeleteLana you ARE funny. I love your blog!
ReplyDeleteamen on 22!
ReplyDelete