What's next?

Thursday, January 29, 2009

So there's a few things I'd like to do in the next little while. Some are possible with a lot of help, and others may take a lot longer to accomplish. Any comments are welcome!

1. First things first, what am I going to do after I graduate? I would like to move somewhere but I want it to be a social place where there are lots of people to have fun with. I'm going to be 25 when I finish up this summer, So any ideas?

2. Next I need to tackle the idea of Grad school. Where should I go? I know I probably will need to get on this one soon... I just can't bear the thought of more school at the moment. OR more debt.

3. I want to go to the study abroad in Mexico this summer. Or France. Either one teaches me the local language. Mexico is my first choice. It is probably going to be about $4,000. I have to pay the program fee which takes care of me while I'm there -- that is $2,000. Then I have to pay tuition (about 5 credits worth of spanish) and pay for my round trip travel and other discretionary spending. So I am estimating $4,000. France I'd be living with local families in Nice. Mexico I'd go the last month (JULY) and be staying in the Yucatan peninsula around Playa del Carmen, and exploring the Mayan culture. Also if I do this, I will be deferring my graduation til Christmas instead of August. It is worth it if I go. I just don't know what to do though!

4. Also, I want to go backpacking through Europe. Anyone want to come?! I need to know though, how much money I'll need, any tips for the travel, good places to go, things like that! I've never been out of the U.S. and am in serious need of some world exploration! My friend Andrea and I are talking about doing this next year. Please help us plan properly!

5. Also, if anyone knows anyone I could go stay with for a few weeks in another country, or a cool city in the U.S. and just explore the culture and such, I'd love to go do that too. I'd substitute this for my study abroad in Mexico!

6. Sometime before I die, I want to go work in a foreign orphanage. Mexico, Costa Rica, Romania, or help the starving, or AIDS ridden people in Africa. How can I make this happen? Any tips would be most helpful!

2 comments

  1. Wow Lana - you really have your work cut out for you! I would love to do all of these things with you but I have a family at home that needs me (as you know) and I really couldn't just leave them! Ha, ha!! All of these things sound so wonderful that I would love to do them myself! I wish I could help you out with some information. I am sure that Joe and Maureen could help you out with travel information since they have traveled a lot. Especially since they have friends in lots of places. Good luck! LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and Leila live in New York City (Yonkers). They are always inviting us to come--I'm sure they would love to host you. New York is a great experience (I went when you were only 4 or 5). It is so close to Philadelphia, DC, etc. etc. They are really into the cultural scene and could really show the other side of life.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.