I recommend you not.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

So, I rarely complain about businesses because I feel like if I take my business elsewhere then I am victorious and they are not, but over the past few months Justin and I were getting screwed big time and I'd like to tell the world about it! I'd like to help you from making a grave mistake by working with CHASE BANK for anything at all.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/
400x/31183668.jpg
We're trying to buy a house and were very excited to find out the type of loan we qualified for was the best one on the market and allowed a lot of freedom when buying a house with minimal up front costs. Well, our lender was an idiot and didn't actually make sure we qualified for that specific type of loan. It's a hard one to get and so you have to make sure all the hoops are jumped through.

But he never told us. So we went house hunting, and happily put offers on homes we fell in love with hoping someone would accept our offer. SOMEONE DID! And the house was perfect!

Three weeks before we were supposed to close on the home we fell in love with, we found out he hadn't done his job, and our only option was to come up with a lot more money every month AND upfront, and that we didn't even qualify for that loan (despite the fact he'd sent loan approval letters to our seller). You can imagine our severe disappointment in having to walk away from our dream house.

What's even worse is, the first house we offered on wouldn't accept our type of loan because it requires an extra appraisal, and had we known we didn't even qualify for that type of loan, we'd have gotten the first house which was super cheap and nice, or waited several months to come up with a huge downpayment.

Then when we walked away from the house BEFORE the deadline to cancel our offer, the guy tried to tell us the fee he said was for the APPRAISAL was actually for a non-refundable application fee. Yeah, I don't fall for that. We have been fighting for over a week now to get our money back. I filed a complaint with his boss, and on their company's website.  Justin talked to his boss about the whole thing, and he said he'd give us our money back. The guy we were working with didn't even apologize for not doing his job, making us lose our favorite house, or for lying to us. All he said was "I told you already, can't refund you, take it up with my boss".

GRRRRRRRRRRR! Chase bank you suck balls. I hate you.

His manager told Justin we'd be getting our $500 bucks back... let's hope this really happens. It's been 5 days now.

NEVER WORK WITH CHASE BANK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!!!!

1 comment

  1. Citi is a good one to avoid too. Our mortgage got sold to them and it has been nothing but headaches. We are counting down the days until we have saved enough to refinance with someone else.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.