Don't you know what that means? Well... let me fill you in on my little secret then. It means.... BEST WEDNESDAY OF THE YEAR!!! Do you want to know why it was?
I went to the Sara Bareilles concert on Wednesday! WOOOOO! I'm pretty sure it was exactly how I expected.
Fun, amazing, and... I even got teary on the song Gravity (it may or may not remind me of certain situations I've been in before that I'm so thankful I left behind!)
Here are the only photos I could get before my stupid old rubberbanded camera died on me. Thank heavens I just got my new one in the mail. We can't have any issues like that in Europe now can we?!


Andrea, Me, Ashley

Me, Ashley

She played a lot of really good ones from her new cd, and the best ones from her old one. I fell in love with 2 songs I hadn't really loved before. One was Fairytale (from her Little Voice album), which talks about how fairytales aren't real life, and the truth is, a lot of relationships fail, and women don't need to rescued by a Prince Charming to be happy, they can rely on themselves. AMEN! The other one I fell in love with was from her new album and the song is called Let the Rain. I think it had a lot to do with finding yourself and letting go of crap. She did an intro but I forgot what she said about it. She also played Many the Miles which is an all time favorite. One of my favorite intros was when she introduced King of Anything, "I'm sure you all know this song, it's about people that can't mind their own f-ing business!"
As expected, Gravity made me get a little teary. If you've never heard her perform this live... you're in for a treat. Here's a video of her performing this. I wish I'd been able to record it from our concert, but my camera died before she came on stage. Too bad, we had a great spot right by the stage!
And Let It Rain for those of you who haven't heard it:
Anyway, it was definitely the highlight of my year. I'd been waiting for her to play here for a couple of years, and it was fantastic. The girl can play, write lyrics, and sing better than most bands I've ever heard.
Yep... I'm a creepy fan. And I'm not ashamed!

OH Lana! so jealous you got to go :D but am so happy you had so much fun! and ahhh gravity. There is something oh so special about that song that just sings to my heart :) The first time I heard it was on So you Think You can Dance---love it. :D Glad I found your blog! take care, muah!
ReplyDelete