Intervention is necessary.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I would like you all to take a look at this picture. Examine it. Take 5 minutes to just soak it all in. Ready? GO.....

I HOPE YOU CRINGED.

***FYI - There are song lyrics posted below that may offend some people. I censored the words but I know some people read this that might be offended.***

Let me tell you where I got this photo. It came in an ad for local concerts this winter, which I get monthly emails for. Normally I just check out what's coming, and delete but this photo of a new female artist for her upcoming tour entitled "Get $leazy" made me cringe with disgust. This particular artist is named Ke$ha (or Kesha for those who don't speak the new pop culture vocabulary that apparently uses symbols for letters... OMG SO COOL!).

I find her completely repulsive. Sure the room is messy, whatever, no big deal... I always have a trashed bedroom. That isn't the issue, the issue is the fact that she completely embodies a mess of a girl, and the type of girl that destroys herself, and sends a horrible image of women to everyone.

This picture reminds me of my friends that used to get so trashed we'd draw on their faces with marker and they didn't even know until the morning when they woke up hung over. Her arm is clearly representative of this, by writing PARTY down it in magic marker. Not to mention she looks completely hammered, and I have NO idea what she's wearing but it resembles everything I'd imagine would be sold at a store where prostitutes buy their clothes.

The reason why this sets me off is (oh I sound like such an old person when I say this out loud), THIS is what music young girls listen to right now, they listen to Ke$ha and despite what anyone says, music affects you. First of all, she sounds like an idiot when she sings, and all of her lyrics are comparable to Lil' Kim's. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Ke$ha's lyrics but she is disgusting, some of her lyrics sound like this,
"I dont really care where you live at
Just turn around boy and let me hit that
Don't be a little b**** with your chit chat
Just show me where your d***'s at"
And these are lyrics written by a girl....... WHAT?!

ALL of her songs talk about partying too hard, getting wasted and being completely sleazy, that IS the title of her tour isn't it?

Such a positive role model.

Quick everyone make sure you copy Ke$ha's encouraged behavior. I mean the upside to this is, it would create more jobs for therapists trying to help people cope with all the depression they feel from wrecking their lives, but is that really a positive aspect or are we just trying to find one in this mess of a pop culture star?

In the photo above she looks like she's just woken up from a night of getting used by and throwing herself at every guy at the party. Judging by the lyrics in her songs, she is encouraging this. I may sound like an old woman wondering what's happening with the kids these days, but I'm serious when I say I'm scared to bring children into this world. With popular female stars such as this who, whether we like it or not, are our younger generations role models, I'm terrified for what my daughter or son will be involved in. I certainly wouldn't want my son touching a girl like this, or my daughter to turn into a girl like this.

What's even worse, she completely destroys a positive image for women in the media. I don't care what anyone says about the sexual revolution, and women being able to act however they want. Women like Ke$ha completely abuse the rights women have been given and craps all over the reasons women wanted to be treated equal. Women should be powerful, they should be strong, and they should have all the same rights as men. But this does not mean they should go around acting like a drunk mess of a whore who spreads her legs for any guy that is within 50 yards of her, and then calls that a good time.

Some of you may say this is nothing to get upset about, but those of you who do say that don't know how I feel about women in the media. Girls like Ke$ha who clearly have a warped idea of what womanhood is about stir up a fierce anger in me. Maybe she doesn't know what she's doing, maybe she doesn't have to care about how much she affects young girls, but I KNOW, and it disgusts me.

Girls should be engrained with motivational information that teaches them that if they want to be a CEO they should be a CEO, if they want to be a mother they should be a mother, if they want to be an artist they should be an artist. But trampifying yourself to become famous, rich, and well known? That is a mistake. Ke$ha's just another sex symbol that will quickly fade and the next girl who has no idea that she doesn't have to trampify herself will fall in line and hit the spotlight. Of course this will only last for a little while until we're bored with her newest version of the orgasm-on-stage dance at her concerts, and we'll all look elsewhere for new "talent".

Call me old fashioned, call me rude. I don't care, I prefer to be that way. You can rest assured that my daughter (when I have one) will grow up knowing that improving her brain, finding her talents and embracing how powerful she can be as a woman will get her everything in life that she wants. I promise right now she will DEFINITELY know that turning herself into a drunken tramp for all the world to see will only destroy every sense of self-worth she has in her.

There... I'm done.

Ugh,.... I just cringe everytime I see her picture. I need to stop looking at it.



2 comments

  1. Thanks you posting this - seriously. I feel the same way. It makes me so angry. There is so much trash in the world. It's nice to see other people standing out against it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. I fear for this generation of youth & the terrible messages of where they should find their self worth. It just makes me all the more grateful to know that I am a daughter of God & to know that my children will grow up knowing that they are His children too. People like Ke$ha & the message that she represents are why I don't watch TV & why I hardly ever listen to the radio any more.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.