Easter Sunday was a fabulous Spring day.
Justin and I went for a bike ride, fried up some burgers for our first barbecue of the warm weather months, and I even potted some flowers that will live in my window until it's warm enough for them not to freeze outside at night. Northern Utah is still classified as desert (I think) so even though it's 65-70 degrees during the day, it doesn't mean it won't be down around 30 degrees at night. It's pretty standard that Spring weather here consists of summer weather in the morning, and snow around 3pm in the same day.
I can't even describe to you how awesome those first warm weather days are for my psyche. But... I will try anyway. It just makes me feel like everything is going my way, and all is right in the world. Don't be surprised if you see me singing "these are a few of my favorite things" in a meadow of Spring flowers. That's really what it does to me! I might need to move to a state that has more even temperatures all year round. (Just no Arizona... too dirt-filled.) Anyone have any recommendations?
Here are some photos from the day.




Mmm.. that burger looks great! And I must agree with you on the sunshine--I'm the same way! Nothing can get me down during those first few days of warmth. :) Though, it also makes me grateful for the fluctuations in temp so that I appreciate the warmth more!
ReplyDelete