Let me tell you my why my weekend was good.
First off, I got to leave work Friday at 12pm. That's always a great way to start the weekend! Second of all, I got to go on a mini road trip with my mama! We drove down to Southern Utah to spend time at home. She has her treatments Monday through Friday 4 hours from her home, so it's great that she feels awesome enough to go home for the weekend. The weather was a little rainy but the sun came out and the temperature got up to 65 degrees! We also chatted for the whole drive down there. It was so nice to have it just be us two in the car, talking about anything and everything. I loved every minute of it.
I also love when the sun comes out and warms everything up in the spring. I get the winter blues whether I want them or not, so the sun invigorates me when it's been hiding for months. Saturday I sat out on the deck soaking in the Vitamin D while my mom made her regular April rounds through her thawing garden. She pruned the peach tree so it would be able to give us awesome peaches like it does every year. The poor thing gets so many huge peaches, the branches get too heavy and almost break. She also pruned her raspberry bushes, and cleared up some of the random debris that winter storms leave behind. It hardly felt like anything huge has happened in our lives. She doesn't even seem like "the awful news" ever even happened. I'm grateful for days like that, and for her amazing health right now.
![]() |
| My german sis and I soaking up Vitamin D on the deck. |
Also this weekend was the LDS General Conference. For those not a part of the LDS religion (the Mormons) this conference happens every 6 months and can be seen via satellite broadcasts at meetinghouses, tv, or in person at the conference center in Salt Lake City. We watched it on tv from my parents' house. Sometimes it feels as if the whole 2 days worth of spiritual guidance is specifically geared toward me. I am a spiritual person. I pray to God multiple times a day for whatever I might need that requires a little help. Sometimes they are purely just prayers of gratitude, sometimes they are the pleadings of a heavy heart. This weekend, it was a little of both.
It was so nice to spend the weekend being uplifted by amazing talks on faith, perseverance, and life lessons. Practicing faith right now seems to be the topic of my life with what's going on in my family. I was so happy to be in my childhood home with my younger teenage brothers, my German sister, and my parents.
And then my mom baked 2 kinds of cookies. Aaaahhh the good life!
Also, apparently this little gem happened during the conference... 2 old gospel nerds fist bumping. Awesome.
![]() |
| Photo credit: Google Images had so many versions of this in their image search, so I just linked to one. |



See Lana you seem you are doing amazing to me and taking every step to feel better. I LOVE THIS and how beautiful and perfect your weekend was. What a sweet memory. I am so happy you shared such love and joy with me. I am so grateful you also got to have a perfect weekend with your mom. Something that is much needed right now. MY HEART mourns for you, your family, and those who are hurting. I LOVE YOU and want to keep reading about all that happens and be there for you through these next few months. I HEART you more then words. I hope my email didn't come off harsh.. I just kept writing what came to my mind. IT WAS SO WEIRD. It was out of love and I hope it's taken out of love. MISS YOU TONS
ReplyDeleteOf course! I know you aren't a meanie. :) Thanks for all your words of encouragement! Love you tons!
DeleteI loved this post. I felt like I was right there with you this weekend--reliving every minute. I'm glad you had such an amazing weekend with your family. AND, conference was AMAZING! I've heard so many people, myself included, say that the talks this conference were JUST perfect for their situation right now. It's pretty awesome that the spirit and personal revelation work that way. The Holy Ghost can speak to each person and cause them apply each concept to their own life and needs. Love that.
ReplyDeleteThanks for always reading and commenting Steph! You. ARE. AWESOME!!!! Isn't it crazy how it applies to so many people? I love that about it as well.
DeleteI have to brag---I totally taught my Uncle Tom about the fist bump:)
ReplyDelete