Trooper

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I took this photo of her playing a few years ago.

Two days after my mom's brain surgery, she was released from the hospital. Not two weeks, two DAYS. It is pretty incredible how quickly she heals. I blame that on her amazing positive spirit.

The tumor while in her head, had taken away sight in one of her eyes, and made it hard for her to do things that are like second nature to her. The day before she got the awful news, it was so bad she was struggling to even play the piano or type an email. 

You see, music is her livelihood, and way of life. I don't think I'll ever forget watching her play the piano in the hospital lobby on her way out just two days after surgery. As she sat down to play it, while my stepdad went and got her prescriptions, it was a beautiful sight. My mom is now partially blind because the tumor permanently messed up her vision in one eye, yet she sat down and from memory played a song I remember hearing her play throughout all of my life. It didn't matter that she had a 6-inch, stapled-shut, incision down the back of her head. She was determined to be herself no matter what happened. 

She even walked out of the hospital herself.

4 comments

  1. I love this. Your mom is incredible, beautiful, and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful, incredible Aunt and cousin I have! We love you all so much. You are all such examples to me of faith, charity, perserverance, kindness and love. I am so lucky to be in your family. I wish I could have heard her piano in the hospital lobby. It's just like her to brighten up everyone's day even though she is going through such an excruciating time. I am so proud to be related to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I wish you could've seen it too. She may not realize it, but it is probably a memory I'll never forget.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.