Communication seems to be the topic of today, whether it's been challenges in friends' relationships that they vented to me about, misunderstandings between a coworker and I in a meeting (that proved to frustrate both of us), successful communication with an out of town boss, and the topic of my religion class tonight, it's been ever present today.
After nearly crying at my desk after work today because I felt so overwhelmed (note: perpetual chaos with no end in sight does not a happy Lana make), and because I can't see the one person I'm dying to see this week due to the worst possible conflict I've ever heard of in my 26.9 years of life and haven't seen him in 60 days -- yes I'm over-dramatizing, but not about the 60 days -- I went to my religion class. We talked about communication in relationships and the conflicts that can arise. I started to feel overly exhausted, which leads to me feeling uber-emotional, so I bailed with a half hour left in the class.
I came home, fell on my bed, opened my laptop, logged into Facebook and found something that literally got me to laugh so hard tears came out. I'm so grateful for small gifts of healing. As cheesy as that sounds, I've had a hell of a day, and I needed to laugh. Whoever coined the phrase, "Laughter is the best medicine" was spot on.
Please enjoy this amazing little display of communication. I have no idea what they're talking about, but I'm going to imagine that baby on the right is wondering where his sock is, and his buddy on the left is making up a wild story of where it could've gone. Please note the extremely successful communication they have. They are very patient and always wait until the other is finished. If only we adults could communicate so well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ha! I saw this yesterday. Absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the funniest videos I've ever seen. My face hurts from smiling!
ReplyDeleteHilarious. Thank you for sharing, dear! I kind of want to take the video and do a voice-over with the crazy story of where little baby's sock went.
ReplyDelete"Bro, I think I want to be a ballet dancer"
ReplyDelete"No way dude, we'll get made fun of forever if we do that"
"But look, I can hold this bar and put my foot in the air"
"Seriously dude, I'll talk as long as I need to, and say the same thing as much as I have to to tell you, it's just not a good idea"
Super cute. =) Can't wait to see you tomorrow!