Day 21: "There were spiders everywhere the whole time."

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 21: A picture of something I wish I could forget.

The only thing I could come up with for this topic are spiders. And, I never forget them. If I see one, it has to be dead before I can focus on anything else. I have dreams about them. In fact I was having an awesome dream about hanging out with my boyfriend who is currently at basic training, and we were having so much fun talking and catching up, and all the sudden a spider landed on my head in my dream, and I woke up in a panic thinking that I must've dreamed that because it happened in real life. (You know how you'll hear a sound in your dream and then realize it's your alarm?) So then I turned the lamp on and checked my entire bed for evidence of the horrid creature's existence... and I found nothing. But then I couldn't go back to sleep for an hour for fear that it was hiding and would crawl on to my face in my sleep, lay eggs, and then they'd consume my entire body once they hatched. (Yeah, I know, a bit irrational!)

All my life I've had spider nightmares. They range anywhere from getting trapped in a small room at the mall and having the life sucked out of me by a giant black widow (like the one in Lord of the Rings), or waking up to my house in black and white, and having the whole house filled with webs, and then when I walk upstairs the Christmas tree is COVERED in crawling spiders... that one happened when I was a kid. Scary huh?

I wanted to post a picture of spiders, but when I searched google images, I got itchy and started to feel super grossed out and jumpy, so I refuse to desecrate this blog with the scary spider photos that are all over the internet. Just know I hate them so much that it is for sure full-fledged arachnophobia.

Thankfully my boyfriend understands this, and shortly before he left for basic, we were sitting on my bed talking, and all the sudden he goes, "Hey just keep your eyes over toward your closet ok?" And then quickly did something to my blinds. Afterward he told me there was a huge daddy long leg crawling down them toward where I'd been sitting, and apparently he knows how irrational my fear is, and knows that it's better to just kill it and then tell me it was there (like a hero!), than to let me see it and freak out.

You would think growing up in my parents' house would've made me fearless to them because my house is about 100 years old, and I lived in the basement. If you left a tshirt on the floor you for sure would have an immortal, unkillable, million-mile-an-hour running spider there when you went to clean up. OR they'd drop from the ceiling. That's the worst. When they are above your head you never know WHAT they're going to do. These things were brown, and hairy, and they WOULD. NOT. DIE!

Also for some insane reason when I was in first grade, my teacher brought a tarantula in a jar. Her husband had caught it in their yard and thought one of the kids would like to take it home. For some dumb reason, I WANTED IT. It was big and black and hairy, and couldn't even fit in the bottom of a jar, it's legs went up the side. So we put it in an empty fish tank with rocks, and put it in my room. To this day I am not sure why I ever wanted that, I can only ever remember being so afraid of spiders that I swear I've had several small heart attacks in my life already. I know for sure now that if there were to be an aquarium with a tarantula in it in my room, I would never sleep. I'd have to roll over and check every 2 minutes to make sure it was there, and I'd have to make sure EVERYDAY that the aquarium was escape proof. It would be pointless for me to ever have one now for my sanity.

I need to end this post. I'm getting itchy all over.  SO... spiders are what I wish I could forget, but unfortunately, they're everywhere.

But they are NOT on this blog post! YAAAAAAAAAY!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.