Dear 2014, I'm nervous.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I look at you right now from the beginning, wondering what you'll become. You have all the potential in the world to be wonderful, even with the hardships that are possible, and that I know are coming. I know that I can't plan for anything to happen the way that I exactly want. I can't expect certain things to happen, all I can do is try as hard as I possibly can to make sure that I roll with whatever you bring me, and make my life the best that I can!

Here's what I'm hoping to find from this year:

A new opportunity
A finished goal
A new positive habit
A successful break
An answered prayer

And probably a few other things, like... for my cats to become besties.

I'm being cryptic. I know. Time will reveal all of this to you guys. I promise.

Just say lots of prayers for me this year. I AM GOING TO NEED THEM. We all do, and I'm sure you've got a lot of people on your prayer list already, but please remember me, too, if you can. I need more strength in my legs, more breath in my lungs, and more spring in my step to make it through this year to come!

Oh, 2014... is it possible to skip you?

Justin and I watched the movie About Time last weekend. I absolutely loved it, and wish I had the ability to time travel like he did. I just want to go back to this day... just for the whole year. Has time travel been invented for everyone yet?

Taken in the Gulf of Mexico by my future husband Justin.

3 comments

  1. I can't wait to see what 2014 brings for you guys. :) Prayers all the time for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you strength and especially - hope. My grandfather taught me (many, many years ago) - always keep your chin up, literally and figuratively. Greet the dawn with the best you have to offer, and if things don't get the way you'd like, lean on those who love you and will help to carry your burden. We draw what we hope - believe in the positive and don't let fear and doubt steal your today. I wish for you, days without fear and trepidation. I wish for you sunshine, warmth, beauty of memory and happy, cohesive kitties. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is never a year that has passed by in my life where I have been taken into a bubble of sadness. Growing up with a deformed spine (corrected at age 33), losing five babies early and dealing with the awful "C" (cancer) word are just a few.. He who created this earth allowed the laws of nature to work as intended so we could learn good from evil. 2014 is indeed a year of grace. We will ALL be taken through the "fire" that helps purify our souls. We will all make important choices and changes that hopefully better ourselves. We will also face sadness and loss, but that too, is part of the plan of nature. Eighteen months ago I began a very personal journey in order to rid myself of all my "self-perceptions" that were nothing but lies. I took the "risk" and opened up my soul and in turn was strengthened and lifted by others who, like me, chose to suffer in silence. Keep writing. Take a minute to look at a small or unusual object and let the wonder of it wash over you. What you do have, is a very wonderful and loving Savior who took the pains of this world upon himself so that we may someday share our lives with Him. I have chosen to live in joy. That does not mean I will have sad times, but I am learning to look beyond pain and suffering and see the strength and reverence for life that occurs. Of course, I will pray for you. I always do and then some. There is a way for peace. I only wish I could tell you about my 18 month journey some time. Remember, we are all imperfect but that is what God loves about us and wants us to overcome those imperfections. Always be well. Pay it forward. Smile (even if it is through tears), and be thankful for every beautiful day you have on this earth.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.