How do we make the big scary things happen to us? I don't mean bad things when I say this. I mean, the big amazingly wonderful, scary to achieve, hard to reach goals. You know?
The kind that require you to step off the cliff and pray that the bridge you cannot see, but must believe is there... is really there. I mean how do we know it's really there? What if it's only 2 inches wide, and I step in the wrong direction? What if I fall and everyone laughs and says, "oops there goes another failure!"
Fear of failure kills me. I have yet to fail at anything I really try at. I always somehow find the 2 inch wide invisible bridge, and after a few steps, I can RUN across this thing and make it to my dream.
![]() |
| Found in a google image search, totally fits, right? |
However, getting myself to step into thin air is the hard part. And I MEAN REALLY HARD. I am not a risk taker. I am a very calculated, planned out type of person. This is a really great trait that gets me far in life, but I think risk takers get even farther.
Guys, I have some really big dreams, that right now seem impossible, or unrealistic. But my heart drifts to them almost daily lately.
I've really got to take the leap of faith. HOW ON EARTH CAN I DO THIS?
I feel like I need to really focus on this, and figure out how this always-prepared-before-she-jumps kind of girl can be risky.
First steps first... make a plan or talk about what is hard. SO I need to answer these questions:
1. What is it I want to achieve?
2. What are the basic steps to get there?
3. What are the even more basic steps to get to STEP 1 OF MY PLAN?
So... for the next little bit I will be focusing on Step 1, and how to get there!
Wish me luck! I can do this, right?



Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.