The interview.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I had a dream last night that I was being interviewed by some famous host of a show, regarding my life.   I don't remember a lot of what was said, but I remembered finding my answers to be quite interesting. I woke up thinking to myself, "What would it be like if I were on a talk show? Would people find my interview to be a waste of time, or worthwhile?"

I decided to conduct an interview of myself. Let's do this here, for fun, and see what happens.

Q: We've got something special for you all tonight, folks. We've got Lana here to hang out with us! Let's give her all a warm welcome!

--audience cheers and claps as I enter the stage and take my seat--

A: Thank you, thank you, you're all too nice. --I blush--

Q: So, Lana, what are you up to these days?

A: Well, I am still working at the same place I've been since I graduated college. It's been quite a ride, not even knowing what I was interviewing for when I first went in. I desperately needed a job, and would've done anything they needed me to. So, here I am coordinating 100's of events every week now, with a bit of international experience as well. It's been quite fun, hectic and educational all at the same time.

Q: Excellent! That's pretty great, seeing as how a lot of people are stuck looking for odd jobs, just to pay their bills.

A: I know. I've been quite lucky the past 4.5 years. I'm also trying to sell some recent creations on my Society6.com page. If any of you people want to see what that's about, head over to www.society6.com/lanalefevre. You won't be disappointed, I've got art prints, tote bags, throw pillows, mugs, anything you could ever want me to put my art on, since I know you're all desperate for a little piece of it! --audience claps and laughs--

Q: So, the question on everyone's mind tonight is, What do you see yourself doing for the rest of your life?

A: Well, you just get right to the point don't you now? --host laughs-- Honestly, there are so many things I love to do. As long as I have something that pays my regular bills, I just want to spend my life creating. I'd love to own my own furniture shop. Not your regular run-of-the-mill place, though. I want to find old furniture, and restore it to a new beautiful version of itself, and then hang up all my original artwork, and prints, on the walls. Anything in the building is for sale, including the artwork... except for me of course!" --audience laughs--

Q: Well, that's a great idea! There seems to be a lot of that going on lately, so how would your shop be different than all the others?

A: There's the hard part... it would be different because it would have one-of-a-kind pieces refurbished by me, but I'm still trying to find an idea for how to really set it apart. Let me get back to you on that?

Q: I hope you will! I'd love to hear more. Some of us have also followed your blog, and think you're a half decent writer. Have you ever considered writing a book? Any kind of book?

A: I have, and I am... slowly. VERY slowly. --audience laughs-- But it's there, in the back of everyday, looming over my head. I just get writer's block pretty easily. However, I am constantly coming up with synopses of stories that I can start anew. So, I've got ideas for about 5 books right now that if I could just focus and work on them, I'd probably be the next J.K. Rowling... or, maybe just the next nameless author that makes a few bucks off their short stories. --audience laughs again-- Either way, I'd be satisfied if I just finished one of them!

Q: That's really great, hopefully one day we can pick up a copy from the nearest Barnes and Noble?

A: That's the plan... now if I could just get to work on that again! --audience and host give me their best sympathy laugh--

Q: So, what about your family? How's everyone these days?

A: Well, you heard about my mom right?

Q: Yeah, sorry to hear that she's had to fight cancer --audience sighs sadly-- this past year. How's she doing?

A: She's doing ok actually. It's never a good thing to be diagnosed with cancer and fight it the way she has, but I'm so grateful she's still here. It's really inspired me to focus more on what I want out of life, instead of just going through the day-to-day motions. Sure, I've spent a lot of time lazing about this year, because stress will do that to a person. But I have big plans for myself, and she is my inspiration. Life is short, and it can turn on a dime. We really have to make it what we want. My mom was a go-getter when she had the energy and health, and I can't think of a time in my life that she didn't have a million dreams going all at once for herself. She always achieved them, and made them happen. I really have learned a lot from her example, and can't think of a better way to live myself.

--audience claps and cheers--

Q: Well, that's really inspirational, she sounds like an amazing mother, and someone who has a great legacy. You are one lucky girl to be raised by a woman like her.

A: I really am. I have always known it too. --audience claps again--

Q: Well, that's about all the time we have for tonight, folks! Thanks for being here Lana, and we all look forward to seeing your books, your artwork and your furniture in the future. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

A: Thanks for having me, it's been a pleasure. --I wave at the audience while the end credits roll--

If were to be on a late night talk show, I think I'd probably wear an adorable black or gray dress, with the below accessories. Justin got me these tights for Christmas, and I am loving their bright mustard-ness. You can never go wrong with colored legs. I am serious.

So, if you had to interview yourself, what would it say and what would you wear?


Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.