I wish I liked baseball...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

... because I suck at batting... ESPECIALLY when I get pitched a curveball.

As most of you may or may not know, I spent the better part of 2010 dodging dating. I needed a break from dating, and needed to focus on myself. I'd been through the worst breakup of my life to date, and was drained of my energy towards men. I did hang out with some guys off and on during 2010 but I'd get drained and crave time by myself quickly, despite them being very nice guys.

Toward the end of the summer I reconnected a friendship that was always kind of sporadic with someone we will call SLFever... (Since I feel like nicknaming him despite the fact that most people that read this know who I'm talking about). Our friendship has always been sporadic, reconnecting for like 2 weeks once or twice a year for the past half of a decade mostly through phone or Facebook and then we disappear into our merry lives again.

This time around we decided that since neither of us wanted to date anyone we'd actually start hanging out and being REAL friends. So after a month or so of this it kind of felt like a little bit more than that... then another month passed and we were on the border of friendship vs.
dating. So we started to act a little more like we were dating and now a few more months after that and... we're to the present time.

SLFever is off to Air Force training for the next 8 months. I just dropped him off this morning. For the first 2 months we can barely even talk to each other at all... maybe (JUST MAYBE) 1 time a week. I'm going to miss SLFever a lot. Here we both are after not wanting a relationship with anyone because I was tired of guys, and he was taking off to the Air Force stuff, and now we're stuck... because we happened to end up really liking each other.
So back to the baseball analogy... talk about a major curveball! When you're not looking you find it, when you're not wanting it it comes, when you finally want it you can't have it. Jeez Universe... think you could be any MORE annoying today? You could've at least warned me it was going to be game day soon and let me get a ton of batting practice in. But then again I wouldn't have been ready... when I used to play softball as a kid my coach would always put me in the outfield where I could "go back to picking daisies" as she put it. I think she must've asked me if I was in "La-La land" more often than she high fived me for a job well done.

For those of you who know me quite well, does that surprise you one tiny little bit that I was such an amazing star athlete? It shouldn't... (if you didn't know, that was extreme sarcasm).

Well SLFever... good luck these next 8 months. I'm going to go back to being a feminazi man avoider (except when we talk to each other) so as to avoid the following things from coming back to my life:

1. My hate for all things Provo Brovo.
2. My hate for all things involving first, second, and third date awkwardness.
3. I have a story:

So just as SLFever is doing his final pack up before our last date night together... I get a midnight text from a Peter Pan wannabe. Like my new explanation for the guys I meet around here? I thought it was perfectly fitting!

The text came at exactly 12:22 am on Sunday... er Monday morning this week. Brace yourselves... this is dripping with nogameguyness...

"Come eat at dennys long lost cutie"

Um.....

Uh?

Huh?

1. Don't call me cutie if you're not my boyfriend... those pet names better wait until you're a regular occurrence in my life or I know you're full of shh... uh crap.

2. I haven't seen this guy in almost 2 years since I finished school in June of 2009, at which school I only ever hung out with this guy in the library when I was studying because he would go there to hang out with girls and he'd sit at my table. Also he only has my number because he apparently fixes rock chips in windshields and I wanted mine fixed earlier this winter.

3. If he knew me AT ALL... he would know the following about me:
a) I hate when guys text me in the late evening/middle of the night to do something.
b) I hate when guys TEXT me to invite me to do something.
c) I have a boyfriend... his pictures are plastered on my facebook page.
d) I do not sit at home any night of the week/end waiting for a text from a random "dude" to which I will run the second I get it to the nearest Denny's and pretend I love to hang out with this guy. Have some decency man... I'm not one of those stupid girls who responds to this shiz... you want me to come some where? You take all those things into consideration, and oh wait... I don't want to go out with you at all... PASS.
e) I work every day of the week at 9 am. So no, I do not go out for midnight Denny's runs unless it's really going to be worth the lack of sleep!

Next time you scan through your phone when you're sick of your sausage fest at Denny's skip over my name when you're creating your mass text to all your "cuties". BARF - O - RAMA!

I'm going to miss SLFever a lot more if more of this Brovo lameness happens.

You can't trade respect for women, respect for all people, respect for self, and a killer sense of humor, and kindness that just comes so naturally, for ANY of the guys around here that have "nice rides", "killer systems", "sick" $300 jeans, and a never ending wish to remain a Peter Pan forever.

Now what do I do with my next 32 weekends? (If you can't tell I'm a little sad today about his leaving.)

Here are some pics of me and SLFever! Ok, ok... his name is really Senor Airman (to be read with a spanish accent).

After he helped me make my first ever homemade salsa and homemade tortilla chips! Wooo!

Just watching some "How I Met Your Mother" - -- Note to all men, if you don't like this show, a lot of girls won't like you. Ok maybe just me. But I am pretty smart. You should trust my judgment.

Temple Square 2010... Mmmm lukewarmdirtchocolate!

Picture Perfecto!

Yes that is a shiny "ding" mark on my teeth, and check out that scowl!



And last but not least....



Wait for it.....






Wait for it.....







Wait for it......




......





SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugliest photo ever? I think so!





Miss you already.

3 comments

  1. It always seems to happen that way... Matt was really sick of dating and had decided he didn't care anymore when he met me. Here is to hoping that the next 8 months FLY by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lana. I am sad to see him go. He was lots of fun and ranked very high on my list of roommates' boyfriends who I actually liked:) I will be more than happy to be a feminazi with you while he is gone.

    Next time a guy texts you at 12:22 am, text back that you're "lemon lawing" him. If he doesn't get it, he was never worth your time in the first place.

    -Barb

    PS-basball is the worst sport ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Barbaloot... lemon law their butts. I'm sorry Senor Airman is gone, but I still love you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.