One week down... 7.5 to go...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hello lovelies! As most of you know, I really don't usually blog about my relationships, unless we're talking about horrible dating stories. The reason why is because I have this theory that the more I put out there about my relationships, the worse they will go... (remind me to blog about declaring Facebook relationship statuses) primarily because I have a long history of toxic relationships, and a long history of always sharing everything with my friends and seeking way too much advice. So this time around no one even knew I was dating someone until, well... it was officially something. Call me crazy, but that was a hell of an idea. So much less stressful, and so much more easy to figure out what in the world was going on so as to not freak out as much. It totally worked in my favor. But... since I've recently become an Air Force girlfriend... I need to vent. Prepare yourself, this is the whiney version of Lana that my dear friends know, but a lot of you don't.

First of all, why is basic training so lame in that they keep him so busy I can't even get a letter yet or a call? Let me tell you, this kind of sucks. Sure I'm being all whiney and some girls who have a deployed man are like "Dude, this chick is such a complainer, he's been gone a week? My HUSBAND's been gone for 6 months and he's in a WAR ZONE. Complain elsewhere beeyatch." Ok, ok, to you women I say....

Yes, you have it worse than I do. SERIOUSLY worse. I don't know how you do it.....

And stop reading my blog if you're going to call me a beeyatch. *HA!*

But seriously, this is a little rough. I just want some emotional validation right now, which he's very good at giving me, and all I can get is an empty mail box and a silent phone. I can only pretend I'm super ok with all this for so long before I run out of emotional energy, check the mail and cry for a few minutes before calling my girlfriend and having her give me all the movie quote girlfriend lines that ALWAYS work. Oh wait, did THAT one yesterday. (Love her for taking that lame call.)

On another topic, finding good roommates is not an easy feat, but definitely makes things fare so much better. The past two days I've found the following on my bathroom mirror:


Awww..... 2 days in a row? Thank you awesome Roomie! You're so much better than the crazy one I was super afraid to look in the eye. I know she had a lot of problems, and I should feel sorry for her (I do) but she scared the heebie jeebies out of me. And those poor lions...

I seriously love the mirror notes though. Or any note for that matter. It's extremely thoughtful and it makes me happy!

One more thing....

Is it possible that I may have ancestors that are part bear? Because ALL I want to do lately is lay around and sleep or veg... I feel like I'm in hibernation mode. If the dang sun would come out and heat up the place, I'm positive I'd want to go play outside and build a treehouse or run 3 miles or build a 3 mile wide treehouse to run in.

I'm just so sick of this inversion haze and the wintry weather. I'm SO INCREDIBLY ready to put on some sandals and go for a bike ride. My poor huffy beach cruiser is feeling tired of being nudged daily by my car in the garage instead of ridden. Oh hey, side note--- I'm so weird. I'm so afraid of NOT parking far enough into the garage where I live, that I end up almost parking INSIDE the house every day. I have this strange paranoia that if I don't do this, the garage door will try to close on my car and smash it. Yeah... I'm a nut case everyone. Don't worry, I'm well aware of my many insanely random irrational thoughts. (But hey, don't judge, I never had a garage until now... my parents don't have one and college apartments surely don't either!)

I need to find something amazing to do soon, like a concert that rocks my face off, or a really awesome hobby... OR a really awesome nap. That is probably the best idea yet. I need to find a new napping place.

Thank goodness my ancestors didn't inherit the gene from bears that involves the amount of body hair a person has... or I'd be one sexy beast.

Question, which bear is best? Black bear? OR Awesome half human attractive blond bear?

I'm starting to annoy myself with the eternally dad joke style of my sense of humor.

The end.


5 comments

  1. I actually lol-ed during this. Thanks for that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) Have I ever told you I have a bunch of family in the Air Force? Cousins and uncles and the like, and I have NO idea how their wives deal.

    B) Sorry that I've never been cool enough to write on your mirror. If it helps, I do think you're awesome and at least my room isn't overflowing with lions:)

    C) Um I don't really think it's possible to have ancestors that aren't of your species, but I majored in history so what do I know.

    D) One time the garage door DID shut on my car. Not cool.

    E) I totally win for longest blog comment ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah!
    F) http://www.themormonbachelor.com/

    Watching that can be your new hobby:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!

    I cant remember if I told you this or not but you WILL want to slap people who say 'well it could be worse, he could be deployed' or 'well you knew this going into it' feel free to slap them.

    I want to SCREAM when people say crap like that. YA I KNOW, it COULD be worse but this is my situation and it SUCKS so let me bitch and whine please! THANKS!


    We all have a right to complain, dont let them rob you of that ;) I'm always around for a good vent session!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Eyes!!! Why did you gold stucco your blog?

    I am actually glad you really are dating that dude. You brought him to the family party and said you guys were "friends" and I said to Shannon, "No way a 'friend' hangs out a family Christmas party and tries to make a good impression like that? Anyway, he's a cool guy and hope you make it through the time apart.

    Oh yeah, I heard on the Disney Robin Hood that "absence makes the heart grow fonder", so watch out for that.

    Come visit your nieces if you get lonely.

    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© The truth about blondes.... Design by FCD.