Hello readers of my blog. I've been posting a lot this week. Part of it has to do with me having a lot of random things to say, and the other part has to do with me doing so much homework I'm parked in front of a computer for nearly 11-12 hours a day, sometimes 14! (That's including my job!). Sometimes I distract myself from my duties with a little bit of random blog posting.Today I decided it was time to get gas. I'd heard the rumors of gas prices having a 1 at the beginning of them, but I hadn't tested it out yet. As I pulled into Holiday Oil and pumped my gas, the total came out to $19.10 for 10.5-ish gallons of gas! At first it felt like my eyes were deceiving me, so I looked around, wondering if I'd see a big fluffy bunny, or something completely out of the ordinary for mid-day Center Street in Orem. Nothing looked suspicious so I started to enjoy myself as I read the receipt that said $19.10. I was so happy I just about grabbed the old man at the pump next to me and gave him a big wet kiss!
Suddenly, I was jolted out of my joy, and back into real life by the crazy lady behind me who's need for gasoline was apparently more important than my need to relish in the happiness of reading my receipt. She lays on her horn, and proclaims loudly so everyone in the Holiday Oil parking lot, and the Post Office next door, can now be part of our conversation, "You're done, can you get out of the way now!?" I just looked at her (probably did one of those mean looks I've been told I am really great at doing when I'm trying NOT to show how annoyed I am!) and got in my car. Taking just a little bit longer than I usually do, I slowly started my car, put on my seat belt, and decided to adjust all my mirrors, make sure my seat was at the appropriate distance from the steering wheel for optimum steering control, check my face for zits, and apply a fresh coat of my Burt's Bee's chapstick, and THEN I pulled away. I thought about washing my windows too, but my conscience told me, "You better be nice or she'll squirt us with gas and beat us with the squeejee."
Yeah I know, you're probably wondering how I'm alive to tell the story?? Well my friends... luckily the crazy woman left her shotgun at home and wasn't able to shoot me like I know she wanted to. Although I may have a bald spot. I think she burned a hole in the back of my hair with her evil burning stares while she waited for me to pull away. It's ok though. I can just start putting my ponytail over that part. Also I burned one in my rear view mirror trying to reflect my mean looks back at her. Anyone know where I can get a new one?
All mean things aside, I was so happy I saved money on gas so I bought a cute new shirt. I know what you're thinking... "Lana, that doesn't mean you saved any money now that you spent the excess you would've spent had gas prices not gone down." Well people, I know! Oh well though, I can't wait to wear my new shirt! It's my Christmas present/Doing-great-at-full-time-school,-and-nearly-full-time-work-so-you-deserve-a-present... present. Haha. I love rationalizing.
Anyway, the main message of this story wasn't about the mean lady at Holiday Oil. Or about my ability to burn things with my face. OR about my cool new shirt that I'm planning to wear tomorrow night.
It was about $1.83 gas! I missed you 1 dollar gas. I missed you so, so much. I paid a third of what I was paying a couple months ago for gas! Now we just need to get FAFSA to stop thinking I make too much! That would be heaven! I can only dream...

Amen!!
ReplyDeleteI know it used to cost us 70-90 bucks to fill up our cars! SEVENTY to fill up my lexus!!! its now like $30 to fill it. I remember when I was in HS it used to cost me like $12 to fill up my old corolla. TWELVE DOLLARS!!! wow, that would be nice again right? What a wench of a lady at the gas station. I would have gone in and bought some snacks too, then washed my entire car with the squeegee and dried it with the hand towels, and possibly waxed it. I hate people like that. And as for the new shirt, you have to reward yourself once and while. I would have done the same thing. I used to give myself rewards all the time. You deserve a new shirt!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see gas prices are going down. Gas is down to $1.59/gal. here, and it was at $1.89 just two weeks ago! Hope the trend is moving westward!
ReplyDeleteI am probably the only idiot who has mixed feelings about gas prices. Sure I like saving money, but what are we going to do next time gas goes up in price? When gas was above $3.50, people actually considered options other than driving gas powered vehicles. Now, who cares, right? I just worry we will all fall into a false sense of security. Next time gas might hit $6 a gallon and we still won't have any alternatives.
ReplyDelete