Sometimes it's really fun to mess with people. Recently my friend Zach and I were sitting next to each other at church, and he had his arm around me. I jokingly leaned in and hugged him cheek to cheek. Well apparently a member of our bishopric was watching us. He smiled huge, knowing he is charged with the task of marrying off all the singles in his single's ward, we knew what that smile was for. So we decided to play with him. Only this time the bishop looked instead of the other guy when Zach and I were cheek to cheek again. He laughed too, and I'm sure to his happiness it looked like another couple headed for eternal wedded bliss was forming at that very moment. We laughed and knew we were funny. Later that day I was talking to the bishop in the hall and he casually asks, "So you and Zach are dating huh?" and I just started laughing! It was a success!!!! We laughed about it later that day and Zach told me he had also been prodded for information on his new "relationship" with Lana. We decided to let people talk and think that there may in fact be another couple forming... US!
Well since we decided that, we haven't sat next to each other due to timing issues... he or I was late, so we haven't had a chance to participate in Operation Nuzzlefest 2008 again. The funniest part of this story is, the other day I was talking to one of my friends and she mentioned that people are talking about me having a boyfriend. I'm pretty sure they mean Zach! It's even funnier that I don't talk to these people that are talking about it. Oh our little plan worked! Little do they know, we both are interested in someone else. Did I mention I love messing with people? Here's why -- our ward is like a small town. Most everyone is trying to figure out what everyone else is doing. It's really funny! I kinda want to see what other funny things we can get to spread like wildfire. Nothing mean of course, but some sort of test to see how many people hear about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh the singles ward drama... mess with um honey!
ReplyDeleteBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH that may be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, well done lana!
ReplyDeleteyou should start stuffing pillows around your stomach - get them to think you're knocked up and then they will be talking! trying to figure out who the baby's daddy is LOL. then if anyone asks anything accuse them of making fat jokes and run off crying.
ReplyDelete