I went to the free showing of this movie www.iousathemovie.com tonight at UVU. I left more enraged, and concerned for the state of our country than I've ever been before. I know the movie does have theatrics to persuade, but I assure you if this movie is true, this is no theatrical matter. This is a serious matter that deserves more attention than proposition 8 or any other side note of this election. Our economy is in serious trouble. And many do not know. I didn't even have a clue. I sincerely hope you watch this 30 minute clip. The movie was over an hour but this clip should be sufficient enough to pique your interest. I'm angry, and very concerned. I hope you watch it.
My favorite and most hated quote of the movie may not be in this clip. George W. Bush when asked about our failing economy said "Ask an economist. I only got a B in Econ 101." Wow thanks Mr... what was your title again? Oh.. that's right LEADER OF OUR COUNTRY! That's all you had to say?! I followed his remarks by immediately flipping off the movie screen. Thanks for nearly doubling our national debt to 8.6 trillion dollars Mr. I got a B in Economics 101. Also, FYI, the 700 billion dollar bailout has now become nearly doubled. That is 1.4 trillion dollars. Funny how they forgot to tell us that. According to the movie by January 2009 (2 months away!) our national debt will be 10 trillion. That's close to 200 grand a family! How about that?
These are my rantings, you're free to your own opinions. But I assure you this is not something to ignore. If we don't do something now, the problem is going to multiply like rapid fire. Yes it's hard to do something when there's almost no ideas of what to do, but being informed is the first step. So watch the movie clip :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.